McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have what I think is a steering warning indicator illuminated...

Can I just check the manuals you guys have? Mine are all tiny booklets, "Quick Guide" "Iris User Guide" "Service and Warrantee" and "Owner manual supplement" Should there be a large full "Long user guide"?
If so mine's missing... I can't find what the warning's telling me...

Any idea where the steering reservoir is? Thanks!

Andy M

It's luckily in for warrantee on Monday anyhow ;-)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Have what I think is a steering warning indicator illuminated...

Can I just check the manuals you guys have? Mine are all tiny booklets, "Quick Guide" "Iris User Guide" "Service and Warrantee" and "Owner manual supplement" Should there be a large full "Long user guide"?
If so mine's missing... I can't find what the warning's telling me...

Any idea where the steering reservoir is? Thanks!

Andy M

It's luckily in for warrantee on Monday anyhow ;-)
There is a big fat book - its not designed to live in the car and is handed over separately by the dealer when you buy a new one. Sorry that mines not to hand...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Engine warning light" Thanks for that! It is shown in the little book but just not explained... Still performing OK but didn't go out after a re-start. Wonder what it is?

Thanks for your help!

Andy M

·
Vendor
17 Posts
the engine warning light is to register a fault in the engine management. Can be caused by leaving the fuel fill cap loose to a sensor or component issue. Typically if the light is not flashing when the engine is running it does effect it to drive. Computer needs to be scanned to retrieve error code to determine fault(s)

David

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you David. It's in on Monday, I'll get them to sort whatever is causing it. Annoying issue that keeps telling me to fasten passenger seat belt... I don't have one...

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
"Engine warning light" Thanks for that! It is shown in the little book but just not explained... Still performing OK but didn't go out after a re-start. Wonder what it is?

Thanks for your help!

Andy M
Might just be a duff tank of fuel that upsets the cats or something. Have had the cel come on a few times in another car while the engine still fires and revs ok. In theory if it is just fuel after a few restarts the error light will clear.

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Thank you David. It's in on Monday, I'll get them to sort whatever is causing it. Annoying issue that keeps telling me to fasten passenger seat belt... I don't have one...
If you drive with a large parcel on the front seat it may have enough weight to trigger the classification sensor in the right front seat. The airbag ECU thinks there is someone in the seat. You can either put the item in the floor or buckle the belt to cancel the warning.

If you don't have a passenger side seatbelt. I would assume the seat has been removed ? You would have to locate the latch sensor circuit for the passenger side buckle and bypass it so the ECU "sees" it as being buckled.

David

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately no parcel, and I did buckle the belt to stop it but it still shouldn't do it... I meant I didn't have a passenger, sorry that was a little un-clear ;-)

Thanks

Andy M

·
Registered
862 Posts
Unfortunately no parcel, and I did buckle the belt to stop it but it still shouldn't do it... I meant I didn't have a passenger, sorry that was a little un-clear ;-)

Thanks

Andy M
If I remember correctly, you have one of the early cars? This was a known problem and was fixed by replacing the sensors in the passenger seat. I drove around with the passenger seat belt fastened but no passenger for the first few weeks of ownership. :)

Shouldn't be an issue with the current cars.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One thing I do have is paint damage around the rear quarter lights. How do they resolve this?

Thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
One thing I do have is paint damage around the rear quarter lights. How do they resolve this?

Thanks
This is also a well known problem on the early cars. They'll repaint the damaged area and there have been changes to the seals and window alignment to prevent it happening again.

Other known issues with early cars .... The plastic strips at the sides of the windscreen detaching and slapping against the screen at speed is the main thing that comes to mind. Again, an easy fix with a stronger adhesive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts