McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since owning the car the tail pipe colour has been bugging me.:(
Silver wheels go with the standard/silver pipes and air brake I believe is the thinking.
This is one of the only pictures I have hosted that shows the silver pipes- but you've all seen them before.

Having looked into the complete stealth upgrade I bottled it with a full retrofit at 4K:eek:
So today the car came back from it's 2013 upgrades along with the new pipe covers fitted :)
This is what £145 of Mclaren sheet metal looks like

I'm really pleased with the finished look and may have the air brake supports done in the future- should either of them go faulty;)
I feel the rear looks that more finished but fully accept its in the eye of the beholder.

Hope to get out in the car over the weekend to experience the upgrades, but so far my phone sync'ed perfectly with the car and the radio has got all my presets stored, the Sat-nav found me and I just need to have a play around with it..
As far as the driving goes- that's tomorrow.:D (hopefully)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Great body colour as well.

That was a costly upgrade, does your wife know?:eek::rolleyes:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D Yes the wife knows

I'd mentioned it on collection, so being as the small detail was still bugging me, I guess she accepted it - OK in the long run it'll cost me a pair of earings I'm sure ;)

I've considered a carbon wrap on the airbrake but not sure how tidy they would be able to do the bracing /lattice work at the front, I quite like the airbrake matching the wheels as it's not set of in the rest of the black panel.

Gallardo, Yes the surround is £145 each side, plus two hours fitting! :confused:
I thought I'd post the photo so that you can see how simply it is held in place and that is is just pressed steel- Mclaren pressed steel :eek:

·
Registered
615 Posts
i was speaking about the rear open to see if it's difficult to reach the exhaust cover.

if it has been a fezza, we'll see a lots of screws so it would have been easier to remove the parts :D

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, in that case No, the work was done by the dealer..
I would have liked to know how it was done, I'm sure the information will filter through over time

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Well, if any of you gentlemen hadn't noticed ........ The factory has gone with a similar appearance on the P1. Stealth Exhaust/Silver Aero Supports. ;)
Yes LimeyBloke you are correct, that picture of the P1 does have that not so in my eyes cool silver look. Not knowing what options Woking will be providing for this supercar / hypercar chances are if there's an area to make money the stealth look will be provided for this rear spoiler (whale of a tail) mechanism. Proof is in the pudding just look at all of the options and MSO niceties currently available for the MP4-12C. Cheers....??

·
Registered
886 Posts
I like it. Stealth tips with silver supports.....looks good.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Anyone thought of or got a fully uncovered engine bay?

has anyone thought of or tried removing all the covers in the engine bay? They surely cannot have any actual function, and whilst they are very neat it is true, they cover everything up, and it would be great to see what is underneath?
Silverstone 26.9.jpg
Silverstone  -2.jpg
Silverstone-3.jpg
:cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts