McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday I picked up the Mac and once on the highway the car suddenly had no more power till I remarked the engine water temp was in the orange. Had to pull aside and called mac dealer for advice.
The only possible way was not to drive it and got dtranded there 3 hours.
I'm so pissed off with it and during the weekedn launched some emails to trade inn the mac for an F12

·
Registered
192 Posts
This kind of thing (and all the others) is starting to question my 12C buying decision, I can see I'll be a regular visitor to my dealer every couple of months and the 250 mile round trip that goes with it! :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Last Saturday I picked up the Mac and once on the highway the car suddenly had no more power till I remarked the engine water temp was in the orange. Had to pull aside and called mac dealer for advice.
I'm so pissed off with it and during the weekedn launched some emails to trade inn the mac for an F12
It's very disappointing to hear and all too familiar. It should be the best car out there but there's just too many things going wrong. Does nothing for the resale values for the rest us either come the time....... Sorry to hear about all your trouble.........

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Sorry to hear but wasn't this also your post.

They are all great cars and it's up to personnal taste. Me personnally I dion't like Ferrari's... Probably till the day they bring I car that I really like. Out of my modest bunch the mac is the most versatile one but... That's just me

Regardless - I have owned mine and drive it daily with not one issue.

Misery loves company - for those who don't trust Mclaren sell it and by all means buy something that will "help" you enjoy life.

Reading these threads that most likely stem from a minor problem or the IRIS just sell the Mclaren and let us enjoy our ownership and experiences.

Duff and Geoff - I simply disagree the Mclaren is the best car out there by leaps and bounds!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Sorry to hear but wasn't this also your post.

They are all great cars and it's up to personnal taste. Me personnally I dion't like Ferrari's... Probably till the day they bring I car that I really like. Out of my modest bunch the mac is the most versatile one but... That's just me

Regardless - I have owned mine and drive it daily with not one issue.

Misery loves company - for those who don't trust Mclaren sell it and by all means buy something that will "help" you enjoy life.

Reading these threads that most likely stem from a minor problem or the IRIS just sell the Mclaren and let us enjoy our ownership and experiences.

Duff and Geoff - I simply disagree the Mclaren is the best car out there by leaps and bounds!
Two thumbs up Champagne612, it would be great if we could rid ourselves of these few individuals that just don't seem to get it. I love my car and wouldn't trade it in for the world, the problem being is that we do have some petits bébés gâtés in this forum which will never ever be happy. Cheers....??

·
Registered
192 Posts
, it would be great if we could rid ourselves of these few individuals that just don't seem to get it.
Well excuse me but I do "get it" I've thought about nothing else but the 12C for the last 2 months after having a test drive, but I question the reliability after reading the threads and I am of course entitled to my opinion as are you.

I'm interested in a Supernova silver car at my nearest dealer, I did put a holding deposit on a Mcl orange car but changed my mind after seeing a silver one.

Anyway, you're stuck with me for now

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Well excuse me but I do "get it" I've thought about nothing else but the 12C for the last 2 months after having a test drive, but I question the reliability after reading the threads and I am of course entitled to my opinion as are you.

I'm interested in a Supernova silver car at my nearest dealer, I did put a holding deposit on a Mcl orange car but changed my mind after seeing a silver one.

Anyway, you're stuck with me for now
Geoff,Ken dosen:t mean you!!! You are correct to question,but sometimes you need the whole picture ;):)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hey we all know that there are no guarantees in life, although with thorough and valid research you may be able to minimize this risk. That said we will still never know what the out come will be until actually go through with it. One key word of advise and probably the most important is to make sure your are dealing with a dealership that has your best interest in mind. Fortunately for me I think that I've been blessed with the individuals and service at the dealership I'm currently dealing with, which makes a world of difference. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@ Extreme : you should received your car and wonder how many miles you've put on it yourself. Don't judge other people. "Individuals that don't seem to get it" What do you suppose we should get.

@champagne : Indeed I don't like Ferrari's but.... it's the only dealer who's willing to trade in a Mac :) How much worse can it get? I still think the Mac is the most versatile of the bunch I have when it drives. Sitting 2.5 hours on the side of the highway with all those trucks flashing by is no fun. The 0.5hour drive in the truck was even more exciting.

Is this supposed to be a forum where only people are only allowed to mention great things about there cars and don't mention their experiences.

For those of you who are interested : a clam shell of the hose got loose and all the coolent leaked out.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
@ Extreme : you should received your car and wonder how many miles you've put on it yourself. Don't judge other people. "Individuals that don't seem to get it" What do you suppose we should get.

@champagne : Indeed I don't like Ferrari's but.... it's the only dealer who's willing to trade in a Mac :) How much worse can it get? I still think the Mac is the most versatile of the bunch I have when it drives. Sitting 2.5 hours on the side of the highway with all those trucks flashing by is no fun. The 0.5hour drive in the truck was even more exciting.

Is this supposed to be a forum where only people are only allowed to mention great things about there cars and don't mention their experiences.

For those of you who are interested : a clam shell of the hose got loose and all the coolent leaked out.
Trade in a 12C on an F12, that is a no brainer! Go for it. How soon can you get an F12?

·
Registered
4,325 Posts

That is very unfortunate, hope your dealership gets the car up and running again soon without any further issues whether or not you change the car for a F12.

Have to say having had a few unreliable cars, I do feel for those guys who have had or are still having issues as it is not a good feeling at all to be left stranded or indeed wondering if the car would work properly everytime you switch it on or having the car stuck in the dealership for an extended amount of time....

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
You're saying it is or it isn't the best car out there? Punctuation (comma) is key...

I simply disagree, the Mclaren is the best car out there by leaps and bounds!
Bloody Hell,what must you think of my Dyslexic twaddle :eek::)

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts

Beig - you are free to post whatever you wish. There is not one Ferrari since the 599 GTO that does it for me,

If you want to know how much worse it can get go read Ferrari Chat.

The Ferrari dealer isn't doing you any favors - they want the Mac for profit don't know of a dealer in this world that does a deal to lose money.

I am simply stating if an owner is that unhappy - life is too short sell the Mac and be happy. :)

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
You're saying it is or it isn't the best car out there? Punctuation (comma) is key...

I simply disagree, the Mclaren is the best car out there by leaps and bounds!
No need to disagree!

I feel the same way - there isn't a car I would rather have and it's not a matter of money.

To be Ireland crystal clear - I love my Mac!

·
Owner
893 Posts
Sorry ...... But, It sucks to have the problems that Belg, Ritesh, et. al. have experienced. They have every right to bitch ! One has to walk in their shoes to grasp the displeasure.
If I might remind owners, the company made a number of lofty promises to it's future customers. Just to refresh the memory .... This was stated only last May by the Head of After-Sales:
.....We are not so arrogant as to believe that every single car will be completely faultless throughout its life cycle. Owners will be involved in accidents, and some cars will require maintenance, so it is our ambition to ensure that, firstly, our customers are treated better than others; secondly, we resolve issues more effectively than any of our competitors; and thirdly, we get 12Cs back on the road more quickly than our competitors. We know that in the automotive business, customers are, more often than not, more concerned about how issues are resolved, rather than the issue itself… We are not prepared to let poor aftersales support spoil the ownership experience,” he concludes.
There's an old saying: If you Talk the Talk ...... Walk the Walk. :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
One key word of advise and probably the most important is to make sure your are dealing with a dealership that has your best interest in mind. Fortunately for me I think that I've been blessed with the individuals and service at the dealership I'm currently dealing with, which makes a world of difference. Cheers.....??
Oh sorry I thought you were having a go at me, which I thought strange because I've always thought you were a 'good egg' :) yes I've had dealings with two dealers and they've always been very good, just a pity the nearest is a 250 mile round trip, however possibly that could be solved at my next negotiation stage

1 - 20 of 121 Posts