McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I'll get in the car, buckle up, push the brake and start switch yet only the ignition comes on. I need to then push again to turn off and once more to start. Timed crank is set and the tacho cycles through it's range on the first push as normal. Anyone else have this?

Thanks

Andy M

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Sometimes I'll get in the car, buckle up, push the brake and start switch yet only the ignition comes on. I need to then push again to turn off and once more to start. Timed crank is set and the tacho cycles through it's range on the first push as normal. Anyone else have this?

Thanks

Andy M
if this has only happened the once,it could be to do with how firm you push the button,it has happeded to me before,but no big deal.If its all the time you have an issue :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've noticed it too, but pretty sure it's because I was too quick to release the button. Holding for a solid second works every time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. To be fair I do just give it a prod, I'll try to be a little firmer ;-)

Andy M

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mine is alway like this. I have to press the button 3-4 times before it will start. It does start faster once it's warmed up.

·
Owner
893 Posts
I think this has to do with which 'state' the ignition is actually in. You are 'running' through each of these states with successive presses of the start button. I believe "ignition state 5" is where it will actually crank for you.
:)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've played with this tonight and believe, as suggested, it was I at fault... If I push very quickly and release it will do it. Push and hold for a second or so and it seems to enter the check/start process correctly every time. I like a simple fix ;-)

Thanks for your help

Andy M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts