McLaren Life banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Phil
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few images of my car which is currently with McLaren Birmingham awaiting PDI and ready for delivery thereafter - I thought I'd share these as there have been many images of silver cars but very few of the Standard Silver...

• Standard Silver
  • Stealth Wheels
  • Silver Calipers
  • Standard Splitter / Diffuser
  • Black Leather / Alcantara trim with contrasting Silver Stitching
  • Full Carbon Interior upgrade

·
Registered
83 Posts
very clean spec. Bet you cant wait to drive it..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats! your lucky to have yours very sooon! Min should be done from factory in 3-4 weeks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks so much for the post.
I have been dying to see what standard silver looks like ever since I ordered mine in that color.
It seems a bit "enamel like" in the indoor pictures. Does it in fact have quite a lot of metallic sparkle to it in real life, or is it more subdued?
Perhaps you can post a couple more pictures when you get it outside.
Thanks again for posting.

·
Phil
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments on the car!

With respect to getting my hands on it, I could have had it delivered on Monday but have decided to first have it fully detailed and treated with this G|techniq stuff so that it's best protected when I start to use it - The guy doing it (Drew Parker, Depth of Shine) needs 2 days with the car, he even takes the wheels off and treats the rims inside and out to help them repel brake dust!

Here's a closer shot of the standard silver paint:

Ultra-close-up image of standard silver paint particles!

The best way to describe it is that it is metallic rather than glittery, you can on close-up view see the metallic particles but they are much finer than on the elite paints such as supernova silver.

I like it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Excellent!!! Congratulations!
By the way, did you use a tilt/shift lens to take the photo of the steering wheel?
Very nice scale model effect to the photo.

·
Registered
691 Posts
By the way, did you use a tilt/shift lens to take the photo of the steering wheel?
I don't think so - tilt/shift isn't a lens but a (very cool) effect applied after the fact (I believe). In this instance, I think it's due to a wide-open aperture (necessary in low light, and which shortens depth-of-field).

Check this out: http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/photoshop-tutorial.php

Edited - this is incomplete/incorrect - there ARE T/S lenses... (see below)

·
Phil
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The lens used was a Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L USM and no effects have been applied to the shots thereafter...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't think so - tilt/shift isn't a lens but a (very cool) effect applied after the fact (I believe). In this instance, I think it's due to a wide-open aperture (necessary in low light, and which shortens depth-of-field).

Check this out: http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/photoshop-tutorial.php
Joe, that is an effect used if you don't have a T/S lens. ;) Makes everything look miniature.

This is what a T/S lens looks like:

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/lens/specoalpurpose/pc_pce/pce_85mmf_28/img/product_01.png

·
Registered
691 Posts
Im not posting any pictures now,feel a bit inadequate with my box brownie
You 'n me both! My quaker oats cylinder with the pinhole yields decidedly uninteresting results by comparison!

...although - it is a bit better than the Flinstone camera that had the bird inside chiseling rock... ...but not much!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts