McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Great, and thanks for posting.

I was at that track day that the first article was referring to. They tried to keep us apart from the writers but a couple of us would wander over at lunch and try to over hear. We only over heard laudatory comments. Just FYI.

The strange thing is that owning the car yields it's own rewards and it confirms my choice of the 12C every time I open the door. Yet I still hungrily devour every word written about this unique car. Even though they are all very similar. Like I need reassurance. Ha!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, and thanks for posting.

I was at that track day that the first article was referring to. They tried to keep us apart from the writers but a couple of us would wander over at lunch and try to over hear. We only over heard laudatory comments. Just FYI.

The strange thing is that owning the car yields it's own rewards and it confirms my choice of the 12C every time I open the door. Yet I still hungrily devour every word written about this unique car. Even though they are all very similar. Like I need reassurance. Ha!
I''m completely batsh*t in no rational way on this. I read good articles like a smug bastard. And any negative articles (that don't have *MY* acceptable criteria for choosing another car) make me lose my sh*t like a tinfoil wearing nutjob.

For some reason I see so much merit in what McLaren has done with this thing, and take it personally in a completely irrational way that they don't get their due.

So I'm glad I'm not alone, and hope you're glad that you're not as far off the deep end as I am. :)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I''m completely batsh*t in no rational way on this. I read good articles like a smug bastard. And any negative articles (that don't have *MY* acceptable criteria for choosing another car) make me lose my sh*t like a tinfoil wearing nutjob.

For some reason I see so much merit in what McLaren has done with this thing, and take it personally in a completely irrational way that they don't get their due.

So I'm glad I'm not alone, and hope you're glad that you're not as far off the deep end as I am. :)
Your not alone John,its been driving me nuts for over two years of BS

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I am not sure I would ever get to being a tinfoil wearing nutjob though... that does sound truly shocking.... !

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heaven Is Where:

The French are the chefs
The Italians are the lovers
The British are the police
The Germans are the mechanics
And the Swiss make everything run on time

Hell is Where:

The British are the chefs