McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Nor surprised that the Huayra whoops the F12, but that's a LOT of understeer for the Pagani... P1 and F150 are going to demolish that

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
10 seconds? Are you sure? If so, something went horribly wrong with the Ferrari press team, as that is a massive gap and they're too prepared to let that happen. I'm guessing you mis-read something in the magazine or translated incorrectly.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
The SportAuto article actually says that the Huayra ist 10 sec faster than the Zonda F on the NARDO handling course. And the F12 shall be 2 sec. faster around Fiorano than the Enzo.

There is no actual lap timing for both cars in this test.
Knew it wasn't correct.
Mark my words: Ferrari will never send a press car that loses a magazine direct lap time comparison with a competitor. Not a 458, not an F12, not even an F70 vs P1. Never, ever. This is not sanctioned competition, it's a marketing exercise. If they ever allow an article to be published in a major outlet that they were slower, I'll eat one of these virtual shoe thingies like Peloton.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Don't know about Modena, but in the EVO track test for car of the year 2012 at Blyton Park, the Huayra was only 0.3 sec faster than a standard "cheap"12c, Will clearly be blitzed by the P1.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't know about Modena, but in the EVO track test for car of the year 2012 at Blyton Park, the Huayra was only 0.3 sec faster than a standard "cheap"12c, Will clearly be blitzed by the P1.
Let´s wait on Sunday 27th, the new Top Gear season will begin.
With the Huayra and its Powerlap.
Everything on BBC Two´s website.

It is not the Ring, it is not Blyton, Modena, Silverstone or whatever, but might give an idea on how this car will go.

·
Registered
313 Posts
incidently my snetterton times were 8 sec better in the 12c than my supercharged track focused elise (for comparison, the track too congested to go any faster, and then I went off!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I love both of these cars, you talk about extremes though. The Pagani is much more refined in terms of fit, finish, materials used and the interior sound level. Which of course is reflected in the price of these cars, there is a huge disparity between these two cars. As for the results posted, shouldn't both of these cars be driven by the same driver.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts