·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help. Is the Sport Exhaust worth the extra $$$

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
If I was you, which I'm not I would opted for the Fabspeed instead, thats only me talking and I'm sure there will be many differing opinions on this subject matter. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But what about voiding warranty?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I'm of the impression that the exhaust should have no effect on the warranty and if so would have to be validated. I've spoken to several individuals about this issue and it seems highly unlikely that this would have a negative impact on the performance of the vehicle yet the opposite it will enhance. Every car that I've owned thus far which equates to 22 have always had aftermarket exhaust systems, and have never had any issues. Cheers....??

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a coupe that has a sports exhaust and just bought a spider with the standard exhaust. The standard exhaust is way too tame for my liking. I highly recommend the sports exhaust. I am currently looking at a Larini cats and exhaust for my spider.

·
Registered
491 Posts
But what about voiding warranty?
Technically, Mclaren will void your warranty if they discover you have installed an aftermarket muffler or cat. Having said that, if your dealer is easy to work with, replacing the muffler section only should be OK because replacing the muffler can't really cause any engine related problems.

If you replace the cat, however, then you will definitely void the warranty if you have an engine related problems down the line.

The sport exhaust option is a MUST in my opinion, because the standard muffler sounds rather boring and flat. In fact, I really think Mclaren should make the sport exhaust standard on the new cars now.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Where are you located? You are welcome to hear my sport/coupe. 6th element posted an inspiring audio clip on this forum about 6 months ago. The pops, burbles, chuffs, and whooshes may not capture well. Spontaneous, wonderful sounds with the sport. You have to live it!

·
Registered
152 Posts
You know I have read hundreds of times, things like potential engine problem due to aftermarket exhaust. Warranty claims blah blah blah... B.S, B.S, etc.

But NEVER ONCE have I ever read anyone ever having an ACTUAL engine problem due an aftermarket exhaust.
Who came up with this? Car manufacturer warranty claim lawyers ???

·
Registered
491 Posts
You know I have read hundreds of times, things like potential engine problem due to aftermarket exhaust. Warranty claims blah blah blah... B.S, B.S, etc.

But NEVER ONCE have I ever read anyone ever having an ACTUAL engine problem due an aftermarket exhaust.
Who came up with this? Car manufacturer warranty claim lawyers ???
I will give you a real life example. My friend owns a 430, has a Tubi sport cat and Tubi muffler on his car. While he was away on vacation, his engine started to develop a small oil leak and it turns out that the engine gasket seal was bad. Ferrari realized he had aftermarket exhaust system (more specifically on the sport cat) and denied warranty claim.

Now, is the gasket seal related to the aftermarket cat/muffler? Probably not, but the manufacturer will deny coverage 100%. The same thing goes to ECU tuning. In the same scenario where there is a leak from the engine gasket seal, your coverage will be denied as well as manufacturer can argue a case of the ecu modification affecting the engine reliability.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input. For the difference in price (Sport exhaust OEM VS after market) I will go the OEM route. Once your in for the big bucks a couple of grand more does not seem to matter much. And avoid the potential void of warranty.

Thanks again for the input.

·
owner
227 Posts
Thanks for the input. For the difference in price (Sport exhaust OEM VS after market) I will go the OEM route. Once your in for the big bucks a couple of grand more does not seem to matter much. And avoid the potential void of warranty.

Thanks again for the input.
mistake I had factory sport exhaust..not nearly as good as fabspeed sport cats I
have now! Good dealer will work with you if there is a problem.Also no lights tripped.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
mistake I had factory sport exhaust..not nearly as good as fabspeed sport cats I
have now! Good dealer will work with you if there is a problem.Also no lights tripped.
Yes I must agree with you on that the Fabspeed is great a system and does provide a much more aggressive sound. Cheers....??

·
Registered
886 Posts
The inconel system is very nice. Yes, it is worth it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts