McLaren Life banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
I can understand your skepticism, that is a big claim we are making, and, as you mention, exceeds the improvements we have seen on other turbo charged cars when installing high flow catalysts.

However, careful, extensive testing was done to verify the gains, including very labor intensive same day testing in order minimize variables. Further, we were able to duplicate the results on another MP4-12C, so the first car was not a fluke. Both cars had the latest factory software updates, too, for what that's worth.

We even did incremental dyno testing to make sure the ECU was not adapting to the new exhaust flow and would begin dialing back boost, erasing the gains (it won't).

Not only did some independent McLaren "authorities" who have several thousand miles of seat time in the the MP4-12C confirm a tangible acceleration improvement (send me a PM for that referral), but Mac 1 here on the forum can out accelerate and pass a stock equipped MP4 on the track now that he has our Performance Catalysts on his car.

Bottom line: as with all our products, our new McLaren parts come with a money back guarantee if they do not perform as advertised.
100% correct.. my buddy also has a ethanol 600whp GTR w/semi slicks that used to give me a problem on the straights and now were neck and neck lap after lap. so far im very happy!:)

·
Registered
560 Posts
i agree 110%!!!
the ferrari guys at the track came up to me and said holy shit i didnt the mclaren sounded that good.. little did they know.. they had a challenge race car that had me in the turns, but i passed him on the straight, they were puzzled lol

·
Registered
560 Posts
i also have the entire system and im extremely happy!
my CF tips have held up great so far. the machined tips look so cool after you heat them up a bit. mine now have that titanium blue color now. looks sick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.