McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came in last night. Thanks to Chad of Mclaren of Philadelphia.

When I get some miles in I will try to compare to 458 and Ford GTs

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Ford GT will surely be more violent but the mc is fun to play with. Hope you'll have less issues than I had

·
Registered
5 Posts
458 owner here dipping my toes in the water about buying a 12C spider. Would love to hear your impressions vs. the 458

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
458 owner here dipping my toes in the water about buying a 12C spider. Would love to hear your impressions vs. the 458
We are a bit bias on here;),but the 12c spider is in a different leauge,even though i say so myself its one up on the coupe,all the advantages but with a bit extra sound and the advantage of a droptop without any of the drawbacks you get on your metal framed supercars.The gap between this and a 458 spider is now very tangible !!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Congratulations. Car looks superb. Not so sure about some of the crowd gathering round it though. In the words of Sean Ryder; Call the cops!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Perfect colour. The car.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Look, my car is so fast no one notices the 5 , or is it now 6, slight variations in colour. To be fair, Mclaren did repaint the poor first colour mis-matches but those with artistic supercar eyes 'may' notice some variation. At least there are no Damian Hurst paint runs or Volcano Orange Peel:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In just a week of driving vs a year of driving 458 I would say:

1. Better interior ergonomics -- Mac by far
2. Better looking /refined interior -- slight edge 458
3. Like larger paddles on 458
4. Shifts seem a tad quicker in 458
5. Mac feels definetly quicker / faster
6. Sound system-- premium in both cars. A draw --neither that exciting IMO
7. Exhaust -I have 2013 with sport and very pleasantly surprised . 458 louder, Mac deeper
Close but I actually go with Mac
8. Exterior-- I have a real hard time here. Paint better on Mac. I just DO NOT get the folks who say design is boring. I think Mac more radical, 458 more elegent . Tie
9 gawk factor -- even. Folks love any F car, but are totally intrigued by Mac

10. Car I most want to drive on nice day---- either of my Ford GTs . :)A true drivers car. They threw out the mold with that one.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
In just a week of driving vs a year of driving 458 I would say:

1. Better interior ergonomics -- Mac by far
2. Better looking /refined interior -- slight edge 458
3. Like larger paddles on 458
4. Shifts seem a tad quicker in 458
5. Mac feels definetly quicker / faster
6. Sound system-- premium in both cars. A draw --neither that exciting IMO
7. Exhaust -I have 2013 with sport and very pleasantly surprised . 458 louder, Mac deeper
Close but I actually go with Mac
8. Exterior-- I have a real hard time here. Paint better on Mac. I just DO NOT get the folks who say design is boring. I think Mac more radical, 458 more elegent . Tie
9 gawk factor -- even. Folks love any F car, but are totally intrigued by Mac

10. Car I most want to drive on nice day---- either of my Ford GTs . :)A true drivers car. They threw out the mold with that one.
Man you have TWO GTs:eek:.......the HERITAGE TO BOOT. I'm jealous:mad:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Congrats! I got my spider from Chad. Iit was a real pleasure to deal with Philly. I have driven mine with the top down while it was 45 degrees without discomfort. They've done a great job with this car in every way, no real flaws.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
458 and Mac

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Those GT's are sooooooooo sexy. mmmm.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts