McLaren Life banner
1261 - 1274 of 1274 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
great review, glad you like it. they did promise a rear view display update a year ago.... also there is no radio in the car
The rear view mirror is something I definitely want. I’m not bothered by the lack of a radio. My main radio in my other cars is Sirius satellite radio and the Sirius app on my phone covers that. If I want local stations I’ve got TuneIn. But by-far my primary music source comes from playlists downloaded on my phone which work really well with the Speedtail media UI. I certainly don’t feel lacking for music options when I’m driving and the B&W system sounds great.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The rear view mirror is something I definitely want. I’m not bothered by the lack of a radio. My main radio in my other cars is Sirius satellite radio and the Sirius app on my phone covers that. If I want local stations I’ve got TuneIn. But by-far my primary music source comes from playlists downloaded on my phone which work really well with the Speedtail media UI. I certainly don’t feel lacking for music options when I’m driving and the B&W system sounds great.
is this the same person that wants satnav instead of waze as i dont have cell reception a lot of the time... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
is this the same person that wants satnav instead of waze as i dont have cell reception a lot of the time... ;)
Yes but I have a lot of playlists fully downloaded on my phone so I can play music whether I have connectivity or not. The Speedtail has an excellent satnav. Music isn’t crucial but navigation is.

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
Yes but I have a lot of playlists fully downloaded on my phone so I can play music whether I have connectivity or not. The Speedtail has an excellent satnav. Music isn’t crucial but navigation is.
I have heard elderly people talk about a time when there was no sat-nav and they had to get around using - get this - folding paper maps!
Crazy, eh?

1261 - 1274 of 1274 Posts