McLaren Life banner

1141 - 1160 of 1180 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It's why I quit watching Top Gear a long time ago. Silly entertainment. Sometimes review of a supercar, but mostly just stupidity.
Well it’s not really a car show with tech and comparisons and such ... it’s more like some sitcom about three middle aged men who happen to work in some car related tv show ...

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Well it’s not really a car show with tech and comparisons and such ... it’s more like some sitcom about three middle aged men who happen to work in some car related tv show ...
It used to be what you described but since Clarkson, Hammond and May left, it has just become a parody of a sitcom.

Reactions: ChrisK1982

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It used to be what you described but since Clarkson, Hammond and May left, it has just become a parody of a sitcom.
However I found Chris Evans cool for taking part remembering that gorgeous car collection he owns and still drives - he is certainly knowledgeable about these, as well as Chris Harris is knowledgeable about driving them fast ... still it does not really work anymore

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
However I found Chris Evans cool for taking part remembering that gorgeous car collection he owns and still drives - he is certainly knowledgeable about these, as well as Chris Harris is knowledgeable about driving them fast ... still it does not really work anymore
Chris Evans has a great car collection, I’d love to see it someday, but tried to be more shouty than Clarkson. It didn’t work.
Chris Harris is the only one of the new presenters I actually like.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Keep your Senna, have this. (PP2)

He actually said for the track related stuff "720s MINUS 10-15%"? Does that mean its a bit less capable (Which I would assume?) besides the straight line and top speed stuff ?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Pretty sure you could buy a ex GT3 car for even less than a 720S, remove the limiter and still outpace a Senna, Depends why you have one. ?‍♂

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Pretty sure you could buy a ex GT3 car for even less than a 720S, remove the limiter and still outpace a Senna, Depends why you have one. ?‍♂
well from Chris Harris Statement I assume that cornering and braking are NONE of the strengths of the Speedtails design ... as it is surely way ahead of the 720s and Senna in acceleration and straight line speed, that should be were it’s minus 10-15% (certainly not time wise) in comparison to a 720s on track come from ... after all it’s concept was always that of a hyper fast GT...

Reactions: PieGuy

·
Registered
926 Posts
well from Chris Harris Statement I assume that cornering and braking are NONE of the strengths of the Speedtails design ... as it is surely way ahead of the 720s and Senna in acceleration and straight line speed, that should be were it’s minus 10-15% (certainly not time wise) in comparison to a 720s on track come from ... after all it’s concept was always that of a hyper fast GT...
Well thats what i mean, there is always something better out there. Comparing these things gets boring. Buying cars is for the most part, something we do for fun...everyone seems far to serious these days.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Well thats what i mean, there is always something better out there. Comparing these things gets boring. Buying cars is for the most part, something we do for fun...everyone seems far to serious these days.
well that is the problem with the internet and forum based discussion especially ... additionally to most ppl comparisons at the performance limit or above 9/10 of it of these cars are only silly if not dangerous as they lack the required skills ... its more about what ppl can comfortable afford and which ones they personally like more or see more fitting for their needs (comfort, space, technical and design appeal) in the higher echelons of super and hypercars

·
Registered
683 Posts
my 650SGT3 is now significantly quicker than a Senna... i would say it is significantly quicker than a Senna GTR as well.
no BOP restricting its potential

·
Registered
49 Posts
my 650SGT3 is now significantly quicker than a Senna... i would say it is significantly quicker than a Senna GTR as well.
no BOP restricting its potential
How is that possible? Shouldn't the Senna GTR have the same level of aero, tires, suspension that a GT spec racer would have? Or is it the more beginner biased (I've not driven one yet, just going by what I've heard) set up that is the limiting factor.

·
Registered
683 Posts
How is that possible? Shouldn't the Senna GTR have the same level of aero, tires, suspension that a GT spec racer would have? Or is it the more beginner biased (I've not driven one yet, just going by what I've heard) set up that is the limiting factor.
I havent driven the Senna GTR, nor have i driven them back to back, so i'm doing educated guessing based on what i have heard. A SRO BOP restricted 650GT3 was 7s faster than the road senna when Harris drove it. A BOP restricted GT3 was usually 2-3s faster than a P1GTR. An unrestricted 650GT3 will weigh less and have at least 150BHP more than in BOP spec, and then you can play around with tyres, vs the regulated tyres in a racing series.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I havent driven the Senna GTR, nor have i driven them back to back, so i'm doing educated guessing based on what i have heard. A SRO BOP restricted 650GT3 was 7s faster than the road senna when Harris drove it. A BOP restricted GT3 was usually 2-3s faster than a P1GTR. An unrestricted 650GT3 will weigh less and have at least 150BHP more than in BOP spec, and then you can play around with tyres, vs the regulated tyres in a racing series.
Thanks for the explnaation, although maybe we are wrong as Bruno Senna mentions that the suspension of the GTR is GT3 spec in the video below, and I remember hearing somewhere that the suspension was literally just lifted from the 720GT3 forgoing the hydraulic suspension of the road car.
Given the similarities in the underpinnings of the 720s and Senna , it seems that in terms of GT3 vs GTR, they would be about equal in suspension, power, tires, chassis etc, with maybe the major difference being the aero setup of the GT3 being more biased towards aero efficiency. Of course, none of this really matters as I will probably never drive one and I don't have the skills to appreciate the difference.

1141 - 1160 of 1180 Posts