McLaren Life banner

1121 - 1140 of 1180 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I'm curious though, this is clearly significantly more aerodynamic than the Veyron, with less rolling resistance, more power, and it only does the same speed? That electric motor must be running out of puff at top speed

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm curious though, this is clearly significantly more aerodynamic than the Veyron, with less rolling resistance, more power, and it only does the same speed? That electric motor must be running out of puff at top speed
or 30mph slower than a koenigsegg. so clearly limited. but i couldnt care less, have exactly zero interest in driving at 250mph on a public road...

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Very tru
you

you mean less power than veyron!
Very true, but bear in mind that, for a given drag x frontal area, it takes a huge increase in power to effect a meaningful increase in Vmax (cube of change in Vmax) . Much "easier" to reduce drag or frontal area.

·
Owner
745 Posts
Did I miss something? I'd like some video of the high-speed run. ????
(Not saying it didn't happen -- but I remember the hoopla in the national media appr. 5 years ago where scientists proclaimed that they cured paralysis -- at least in a mouse. The scientists and the media showed animation -- A CARTOON !!! - of them severing a mouse's spinal chord, and then regenerating it with some magical concoction, curing the severed spinal chord. I was critical then ... after all, such a supposed historic achievement, yet no video? Just a cartoon? Of course, main stream media missed that point.)

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Here is a video of it waiting to move.

Attachments

Reactions: markj

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
My sources at McLaren do not believe video will be released.
They could, of course, be wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Perhaps quicker and not faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So quicker in acceleration but not as fast in top speed?
tookmea whileto work out what I think you are saying.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts

·
Owner
745 Posts
The design roof scoop on the F1 road car looked great.
Now, McL apparently likes a flattened elephant-trunk-looking extended thing. I personally don't like the look of the 'new' style scoop.

1121 - 1140 of 1180 Posts