McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how I can remove the speed limit message on the 12C? It is very annoying sine it beeps once once I pass 120km/hr but thats not the problem, the problem is after that the left side menu is un-accessible and I cant see my range,outside temperature tire pressures etc. I have to slow down on the highway sometimes just to see my fuel range.:mad: By the way my car already has the platform 10 software since its a 2013MY also for the record the speed limit on the highway is 140km/hr here in this country.

Attachments

·
Owner
277 Posts
ACTIVE SPEED LIMITER (ASL)
ACTIVE SPEED LIMITER (ASL)
Setting an upper speed limit
WARNING: It is the driver's
responsibility to keep within road
speed limits.
WARNING: The ASL feature may allow
the vehicle to exceed the upper speed
limit is certain situations, for example when
descending steep gradients.
NOTE: ASL can be activated when the car
is stationary. The upper speed limit will be
set to a default speed of 20 mph (30 kph).
It is possible to use the ASL control to set an
upper speed limit.
Selecting a speed
1. Press the button (arrowed) on the end of
the cruise control stalk, to select ASL mode.
2. Accelerate or decelerate the vehicle to the
desired speed.
3. Push the stalk up briefly to select the
desired ASL upper speed limit.
4. The upper speed limit (arrowed) appears in
the right-hand display.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Following the steps could be interesting whilst driving and setting your upper speed point to 207mph/333kph ..... :eek:

(Thanks for the info, Fastlane ...... I never noticed that feature; I must have missed it.)

·
Registered
551 Posts
I never noticed this thingy. Is it somewhere in the controls?

·
Registered
862 Posts
The speed limit warning is a GCC homologation requirement. The only way to remove it is to have a friendly chat with your local technician and ask very nicely. As I have stated before, removal may be considered illegal depending on which country you are in.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The speed limit warning is a GCC homologation requirement. The only way to remove it is to have a friendly chat with your local technician and ask very nicely. As I have stated before, removal may be considered illegal depending on which country you are in.
Laughing at this.

I'd reckon we have one of the highest average speeds in free-flowing traffic worldwide?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I couldn't stop the 120km/hr audible warning (I don't mind the visual lights) on my 650S - now I have a 720S with the same issue - the dealer will not "override" the audible warning (if they even know how to do it) for liability & safety reasons. It's very frustrating - especially on the track
:mad:

·
Owner
521 Posts
It is certainly annoying, and depending on what voice is giving you the alerts, it can be even more annoying. LOL.
Did you get it figured out yet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
On my 720S, their are a couple of visual warnings when you reach 120 kms/hr (approx 75 mph). But the real bothersome warning is the audible “beeping”. I have found no way to turn it off. It’s not so bad on the highway, but can be annoying on the track when during the course of a lap you pass through the 120 kph excess speed setting multiple times. Good news is that the engine sound in “Track/Track” mode reaching 8,000 rpm at each gear change so the engine symphony quickly frowns out the speed warning beeping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts