McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening

i am new to the McLaren brand and decided to go for the 570s. A fantastic car imo. Driving on the motorway last week and both the front speed blade panels snapped off. Has anyone had this happen to them ???? It had been in to McLaren less than 300 miles before to have the front wings replaced under warranty.
I think this is down to poor refitting but they deny this saying they fitted them properly so I must of hit something in the road.
B00A6654-C98C-422E-9BF4-8DF03E90451E.jpeg
1770C574-6F40-4984-B67D-2FEAA6FF2041.jpeg

·
Registered
705 Posts
Wow
Twice in one week
Another member reported the same
Thing

Reactions: zouk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Is there PPF on the front of the car? This is a common occurrence when the PPF installer does not correctly reinstall the blades.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Obviously you reached the limit of those speed blades...you need to go to MSO and get the 'Extra speedy speed blades'

Be aware they will need to re program the suspension and cars power delivery to match the change in drag co.

simple.

Sucks it happened, good luck, keep the thread updated, both GOOD or bad outcomes :)

·
Owner
623 Posts
I've had this area apart. In order to take those front fenders off, they had those blades off. They aren't hard to R&R, but someone didn't put the requisite screws in properly.

Reactions: Itsonlywebby

·
Owner
623 Posts
Glad to hear that Mac is going to step up. The selling dealer should have grabbed the ball first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts