McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all...obviously new here...placing my order today but before I do does anyone have something that can show me the costs of the options...I'd like to know what everything costs I've selected using the configurator...currently I have no Idea...Thanks :)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
RDH. IT HAS BEEN POSTED ON THIS FORUM.

I have tried to upload but failed. Your dealer will email it.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
don't forget to aks your dealer for the Special Operations Group pricing too - loads of fun looking at that stuff!

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Looking at that,you are getting your cars 15 t0 20% cheaper than in the uk,what is the car tax and vat applied to cars in the states??
I'm not sure of the import duties applicable to foreign makes/models not assembled in the States, but sales-tax on vehicles varies from state-to-state.

For instance, TX has 6.25% tax on all vehicle purchases (whether brand-new or pre-owned/used) whereas the state sales-tax for other purchases is 8.25%.

There is an one-time title/license fee of around ~$100'ish (vehicle-title, annual registration, license-plate), then every year an annual registration sticker fee of ~$50'ish for older vehicles & ~$75'ish for late-models.

The MOT equivalent for Texas is the annual state vehicle inspection & emissions test (for metro areas) which is about ~$25'ish. Rural areas don't require the emissions test, thus the state vehicle inspection is ~$15'ish for those applicable owners.

Unsure yet if there will be a "gas guzzler tax" (more-or-less a luxury tax imposed by the federal government on certain makes/models) on the MP4-12C. Generally speaking, this is an one-time "tax" that may be $1,500 - $2,500 on top of the MP4-12C's sticker-price. This gas guzzler tax varies from $1,000 - $7,700 depending on EPA fuel-economy testing.

(rough estimates above...)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Thanks,rip off britain!!,still we are better off than some of the far eastern countires that seem to have obscene import taxs

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again guys....yes...am actually ordering some stuff from the custom side as well....:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts