McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REGISTER NOW FOR THE 2013 SOUTH FLORIDA EXOTIC CAR TOY RALLY!!!.....SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7TH, 2013!!!

On Saturday, December 7, 2013, the 8th annual "South Florida Exotic Car Toy Rally, to benefit Toys for Tots" (aka "Toy Rally") will once again 'take to the streets' for charity, as one of the largest processions of exotic cars and one of the most anticipated exotic car events in the country!!!

Hundreds of exotic cars will be driven from the beautiful Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa Golf Resort, up to Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale, then on to the amazing Miami Dolphin's home, Sun Life Stadium!!

The most amazing sight - a caravan of exotic cars stretching over 5 miles long, driven by their owners to benefit underprivileged children!! Incredible to see, but even more incredible is the positive impact and difference the Toy Rally makes for the children as a charity event!!

Last year, the Toy Rally eclipsed all other prior years for attendance, exotic cars, and even the Goodyear blimp flyover....... but, the most important records were the incredibly huge mountains of toys overflowing the USMC trucks combined with about $28,000 in cash raised......all donated to Toys for Tots!! This equates to a LOT of smiles on the faces of kids, and the positive impact it has on their holidays!!

Lets make this year even better!!......

From all of the organizers, sponsors, and especially the kids, we appreciate your participation and support of the Toy Rally!!!

**Advanced registration is required to participate and space is limited, so please register early!!**
www.toyrally.com

·
Registered
914 Posts
registered...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Even though I just mentioned it in the other thread, I'll be there as well. I invited 2 other 12C owners who live in Miami but aren't on the forum, so it sounds like we'll have at least 5 McLarens (all orange of some sort! :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just registered ... Will be great to meet you guys ... Hope you don't mind a white car ...
;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just registered ... Will be great to meet you guys ... Hope you don't mind a white car ...
;)
You have more than enough time to get it wrapped before December 7th... :) I've only seen 2 white 12c's around (the LS one, and the NOT RNTD Wheels Boutique one), are either of those yours?

·
Registered
56 Posts
You have more than enough time to get it wrapped before December 7th... :) I've only seen 2 white 12c's around (the LS one, and the NOT RNTD Wheels Boutique one), are either of those yours?
... I think Ben from Wheels Boutique sold his a few months back. What do you mean by LS ?
I live on the Doral area and this is going to be my first time at this Rally ... I just got the Mac a few months back and haven't driven it much, just a couple of cars and coffes and two track days at Homestead with Performande Driving Group ...

Curious thing is that my first color choice was the McLaren Orange, but ended up with second color choice ... Always loved white cars, but my garage it's getting too monochromatic ... White R8 and White Lambo before the McLaren.

... I'll think about the Orange wrap ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
... I think Ben from Wheels Boutique sold his a few months back. What do you mean by LS ?
I live on the Doral area and this is going to be my first time at this Rally ... I just got the Mac a few months back and haven't driven it much, just a couple of cars and coffes and two track days at Homestead with Performande Driving Group ...

Curious thing is that my first color choice was the McLaren Orange, but ended up with second color choice ... Always loved white cars, but my garage it's getting too monochromatic ... White R8 and White Lambo before the McLaren.

... I'll think about the Orange wrap ;)
The LS is the white one with a special plaque on the inside, a la HS; it's the owner's initials (Luis S if I remember correctly), but didn't seem to have anything out of the ordinary other than that custom branding -- I saw it at the Gulfstream event a few months ago but didn't get a chance to meet him to find out more. The matte white car is still around, but I've not met that owner, either. There was a silver coupe owned by a gentleman in the Ventian Islands, but he replaced his car with a spider which I haven't seen yet; I'll drop him an email to invite him as well. I was incredibly giddy getting the three 12C's together for the Halloween Super Car Run last month, and they made for some pretty great photos, so 2x as many would be even better. Just don't make the same mistake I did and do a pull against Leonardo's McLaren Orange car -- he's got a tune on his which will hurt your ego a bit :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
The LS is the white one with a special plaque on the inside, a la HS; it's the owner's initials (Luis S if I remember correctly), but didn't seem to have anything out of the ordinary other than that custom branding -- I saw it at the Gulfstream event a few months ago but didn't get a chance to meet him to find out more. The matte white car is still around, but I've not met that owner, either. There was a silver coupe owned by a gentleman in the Ventian Islands, but he replaced his car with a spider which I haven't seen yet; I'll drop him an email to invite him as well. I was incredibly giddy getting the three 12C's together for the Halloween Super Car Run last month, and they made for some pretty great photos, so 2x as many would be even better. Just don't make the same mistake I did and do a pull against Leonardo's McLaren Orange car -- he's got a tune on his which will hurt your ego a bit :)
The LS McLaren is mine. Essentially HS tune plus MSO Racing Cats and Secondary Bypass plus some exterior carbon fiber and gloss roof.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hope you guys had a nice time ... Had a last minute business trip and couldn't make it to the rally :(

On top of that , I got a hernia lifting a bag on the plane ... Oh well ... I'll try and make it next year.

In the meantime there's another Toy Rally this weekend on Coconnut Grove organized by dcicarclub.com

Here is the flyer :

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts