McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
It will be fast. The Stig will spin it on the final bend.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hmm... 1:08 my bet... :)

·
Super Moderator
4,459 Posts
For some comparison, here's the current leader-board for the Stig in fast cars...
Code:
Time	     Vehicle	                        Episode
01:13.8     Pagani Huayra	        Series 19, Episode 1
01:14.3     BAC Mono	                Series 20, Episode 2
01:15.1     Ariel Atom V8 500 (moist)	Series 16, Episode 1
01:16.2     McLaren MP4-12C	        Series 17, Episode 3
01:16.5     Lambo Avntdr LP700-4	Series 17, Episode 4
01:16.8     Bugatti Veyron SS	        Series 15, Episode 5
The entire list can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_test_track_Power_Lap_Times

I'm going to go for a lap time of 01:11:02 for P1... That will put it ahead of the Huayra by 2.3 seconds and ahead of the 12c by 5 seconds... Of course when the P1 was unveiled at Geneva, Ron Dennis said he took it around Dunsfold 10 seconds quicker than the top dog at the time... If true, you would think Stig should be about 10 seconds quicker than the 12c... 01:06:02?

There was an occasion where a Renault F1 car was taken around the track and that did it in 00:59:00 in the wet... So who knows, maybe I'm way too conservative with the 01:11:02 for P1... I hope I am, I would love to see it blow the doors off of everything that's come before it and leave a very high bar for that which comes next.

-Jamie.

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
I'm going to go for a lap time of 01:11:02 for P1... That will put it ahead of the Huayra by 2.3 seconds and ahead of the 12c by 5 seconds... Of course when the P1 was unveiled at Geneva, Ron Dennis said he took it around Dunsfold 10 seconds quicker than the top dog at the time... If true, you would think Stig should be about 10 seconds quicker than the 12c... 01:06:02?

-Jamie.
Jamie, Ron went 10 seconds quicker than the 'star in a reasonably priced car' lap record. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is it actually sure we're going to see a lap time at Dunsfold ?
In the topic about the new Top Gear season someone commented that the weather was horrible in the UK last week and that only the review at Spa would be shown.
Has anyone been to the recordings on Wednesday and/or knows for certain ?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Is it actually sure we're going to see a lap time at Dunsfold ?
In the topic about the new Top Gear season someone commented that the weather was horrible in the UK last week and that only the review at Spa would be shown.
Has anyone been to the recordings on Wednesday and/or knows for certain ?
Not sure about it, but they could have recorded a lap a long time ago.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure about it, but they could have recorded a lap a long time ago.
Yeah, hopefully.
Not that I care much about lap times, because the P1 is convincing in so many other ways, but it would a bit of an anti-climax if the Top Gear lap would be a wet one. Imagine the never ending debates about what it would do in the dry...

·
Registered
33 Posts
It will be under 1.10 ,I know from experience ;) And it wont be tonight ,I say that because i'm always wrong !!!
Ah, ok, I see. :D

Andy, are you the person that put an onboard video of PP3 at Dunsfold on Youtube ?
If so, I really enjoyed that one. It gives a very good indication of the speed of the car, especially the acceleration. It is very much appreciated, so a big thank you ! :)

I guess you're a future owner too ?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Ah, ok, I see. :D

Andy, are you the person that put an onboard video of PP3 at Dunsfold on Youtube ?
If so, I really enjoyed that one. It gives a very good indication of the speed of the car, especially the acceleration. It is very much appreciated, so a big thank you ! :)

I guess you're a future owner too ?
Yes,a pleasure and hopefully :)

·
Owner
277 Posts
For some comparison, here's the current leader-board for the Stig in fast cars...
Code:
Time         Vehicle                            Episode
01:13.8     Pagani Huayra            Series 19, Episode 1
01:14.3     BAC Mono                    Series 20, Episode 2
01:15.1     Ariel Atom V8 500 (moist)    Series 16, Episode 1
01:16.2     McLaren MP4-12C            Series 17, Episode 3
01:16.5     Lambo Avntdr LP700-4    Series 17, Episode 4
01:16.8     Bugatti Veyron SS            Series 15, Episode 5
The entire list can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_test_track_Power_Lap_Times

There was an occasion where a Renault F1 car was taken around the track and that did it in 00:59:00 in the wet... So who knows, maybe I'm way too conservative with the 01:11:02 for P1... I hope I am, I would love to see it blow the doors off of everything that's come before it and leave a very high bar for that which comes next.

-Jamie.
Wasn't the run with the MP4-12c pre update?

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.