McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

brand new to this forum, popped over from Fchat.

I checked the specs for the Belgium delivered cars and had some questions on options;

1. there are 3 standard colors: are these metallic colors or non-metallic (although can't imagine silver being non-metallic). I especially like the blue which looks a bit like Ferrari Blue Sera.

2. Has anybody seen any pictures of body colored front splitter. Seems like most pictures show the black or carbon version, but I think that body color would make a nice break in the full black front

3. In Belgium , floor mats are optional at 360 EUR... is this the same in other markets. Would imagine that these would come standard in this price category

4. TPMS seems to be mandatory for track tires and low weight wheels. Can you still add these wheels afterwards for track purposes if you didn't order TPMS?

5. One of the accessories listed is a 'fuel funnel adapter'. Anybody know what this is?

Best regards,
Frank

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Hi all,

brand new to this forum, popped over from Fchat.

I checked the specs for the Belgium delivered cars and had some questions on options;

1. there are 3 standard colors: are these metallic colors or non-metallic (although can't imagine silver being non-metallic). I especially like the blue which looks a bit like Ferrari Blue Sera.

2. Has anybody seen any pictures of body colored front splitter. Seems like most pictures show the black or carbon version, but I think that body color would make a nice break in the full black front

3. In Belgium , floor mats are optional at 360 EUR... is this the same in other markets. Would imagine that these would come standard in this price category

4. TPMS seems to be mandatory for track tires and low weight wheels. Can you still add these wheels afterwards for track purposes if you didn't order TPMS?

5. One of the accessories listed is a 'fuel funnel adapter'. Anybody know what this is?

Best regards,
Frank
1.the white and blue are non-metallic,not sure on the silver
2.there is a video on the mclaren website of one in white with a coloured splitter,also on youtube page 16 of mclaren mp4-12c
3.mats are an optional extra everywhere
4.you can use the wheels,i think you just dont have the software to register in the car
5. i wondered that as well !! not sure

·
Registered
202 Posts
1.the white and blue are non-metallic,not sure on the silver
Are you sure on the blue Andy? I asked a dealer and -if I remember correctly- got the answer that the blue was metallic but not as "deep" as in the "special" and "elite" paints

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Are you sure on the blue Andy? I asked a dealer and -if I remember correctly- got the answer that the blue was metallic but not as "deep" as in the "special" and "elite" paints
i could easily be mistaken,i just saw one at the factory and it seems very flat to be metallic,so no real proof from me,more than happy to be wrong on that one

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Andy,

thanks for the responses. Will have a look and see if I can find the utube video.

Cheers,
Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts