McLaren Life banner
1 - 5 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer wants to charge me $570 for software updates on my 2020 720 S (still under warranty as it was bought in March 2021). I have never heard of software updates not being covered by warranty and don't ever recall paying for them in my 570S.

Updates are the CRCM, DML and DMR. No idea what those even are and service sent the quote at 4:30 on Friday night....

Is this a normal experience?

· Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, upon closer review they are also recommending a new can of tyreweld, which is due to expire on 2/23. Their price for that canned tire repair, $170.00....

I don't expect it to be cheap to own an exotic, but I also don't expect them to try to take advantage of me.

This dealer serviced my 570S for years and things were fine, and the first couple visits on the 720 were fine, but now it feels like they are trying to bend me over.

· Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The answer from McLaren warranty was that software updates are not covered unless the customer makes a complaint. When I said that my windows often don't go all the way up (true), McLaren said the updates might help with that and they did them as part of the warranty. On another note, I managed to find Tyreweld on Ebay for about $10, plus $20 shipping from the UK. Seems a lot more reasonable the dealer quoted $170.

· Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
In fairness, the dealership did show me the email from McLaren factory, so it's not the dealership per se, but rather McLaren. I want to be fair to them, as their service department has always been good about getting my car in an repaired.

1 - 5 of 31 Posts