McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One request for McLaren, please get a soft indoor cover made for the 12C & 12C Spider. The current outdoor cover McLaren offers is both too heavy and very over priced.

I am currently using an extra soft indoor cover I have from a Ferrari 430 on the 12C in the garage which just seems wrong......

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
One request for McLaren, please get a soft indoor cover made for the 12C & 12C Spider. The current outdoor cover McLaren offers is both too heavy and very over priced.

I am currently using an extra soft indoor cover I have from a Ferrari 430 on the 12C in the garage which just seems wrong......
Wolf in sheeps clothing !!!:D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Who uses the cover? I just wash when dirty.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I guess they don't give the soft free one anymore? I use it over the winter when am not driving very often... a little pointless I grant you

·
Registered
307 Posts
I got a free soft one with my Spider in January and I've never used it. Personally, I don't like the soft stretchy covers because dust get through them. I had a washable weatherproof cover made by California Car Covers.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts

Second that!

Using the cover from my 612 - glad I kept it :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Unless something has changed recently, the cover available from McLaren is a soft cover which is recommended for indoor use.

Bruce had one for sale last time we discussed this, maybe that's still available at a more attractive price?

·
Owner
893 Posts
I got a free soft one with my Spider in January and I've never used it. Personally, I don't like the soft stretchy covers because dust get through them. I had a washable weatherproof cover made by California Car Covers.
I use the California Car Cover one also. It's soft, light, and you can wash it in a home washing machine.:)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Unless something has changed recently, the cover available from McLaren is a soft cover which is recommended for indoor use.

Bruce had one for sale last time we discussed this, maybe that's still available at a more attractive price?
I got one for free. It's great.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
My car came with the soft car cover, also included was a Mac ball cap and a F1 windbreaker. Could it be due to the price I paid for my car that they've thrown this stuff in. Oh well all I can say is I love my little white lightning☁⚡as MPB had recently label her. Cheers....??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Think it depends on the dealer as to what they throw in. Will go back and ask about the soft cover again.
I think the first 100 or so didn't get a bean,i would put my house on it !! But new owners should get something for showing some faith .I was pleased with my free McLaren IPOD,if only I'd know!!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think the first 100 or so didn't get a bean,i would put my house on it !! But new owners should get something for showing some faith .I was pleased with my free McLaren IPOD,if only I'd know!!!
Were they the 32gb Touch iPod Andy? Saw one on eBay last week, had McLaren MP4-12C engraved on the rear. I was going to have a cheeky bid but it looked scratched.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts