McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
i think i know who that is,but being british his name escapes me,and its too late to find out:)

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I better fess up. My 12C is Carbon Black so that obviously is not me; it's the Top Gear USA crew, airing tomorrow night apparently. And with Tanner Foust behind the wheel, we can expect more smoky, sideways driving lessons for Tiff and his sidekick. :p

Will confirm later whether it's showing up in my TV guide. For friends across the pond, hopefully it will be available on the web.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Carl Edwards is a solid citizen and a fine driver, but being a NASCAR pilot, he is not uncomfortable trading paint.

Should be entertaining.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Top Gear USA gets lamer and lamer. This season they've all been "challenge" episodes, mostly nonsensical but in an un-entertaining way. If I have to watch that guy show up in a big Yank Tank and say "Ehh,Ehh?" one more time.......

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Top Gear USA gets lamer and lamer. This season they've all been "challenge" episodes, mostly nonsensical but in an un-entertaining way. If I have to watch that guy show up in a big Yank Tank and say "Ehh,Ehh?" one more time.......
I never watch the American version of this show, and I totally agree with your statement yet I switched it up a bit to lamer then lame. Cheers....??

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was disappointed in the show when it first aired because it wasn't like the UK version. Oddly, I now prefer it to the UK one because in the last few years Jeremy et al have completely gone ridiculous with the storylines. Even their car reviews are so fake and stupid that it is pointless to watch if you really want to learn anything about the cars. At least with the US version you occasionally get to see some talented driving with Tanner.

Anyway, any show on TV about cars is better than the alternative! :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Just watched the show. Very positive review for the 12c.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Tanner Foust, while not being the best tv presenter out there, is very very good at one thing. Driving the balls off of a car.

Made that MP4-12C look like a beast on that track. The power delivery and shifting sounded amazing. Street tires vs slicks, no problem

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Just watched the show. Very positive review for the 12c.
Honestly Moncho did you have any doubts of the fact that the Mac won't shine. All it takes is some who knows a little something about cars and more importantly how to drive a car without any bias. Love my Mac. Cheers....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
After hearing about all of your positive reviews about Tanner and the Mac, I guess I will have to give the show a second chance. Well maybe not but I really want to see how well Tanner drives the car, should be exciting??. Yeeee haaaa

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I watched only the end part about the Mac vs. Nascar, and it was great - doesn't the 12C look awesome at speed? However, i can gaurantee that in the "challenge" part ( and I've no idea what it was about), Tanner showed up in an import, Routledge showed up in some funky under- powered thing, and the other guy showed up in a yank tank and went "Ehh, Ehh?"

·
Registered
432 Posts
^ the end is the only worthwhile part.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I was disappointed in the show when it first aired because it wasn't like the UK version. Oddly, I now prefer it to the UK one because in the last few years Jeremy et al have completely gone ridiculous with the storylines. Even their car reviews are so fake and stupid that it is pointless to watch if you really want to learn anything about the cars. At least with the US version you occasionally get to see some talented driving with Tanner.

Anyway, any show on TV about cars is better than the alternative! :)
Oops I was just about to compliment your awesome VR car.
Black and white rock too. :)

Ridiculous storylines--like the one with airplanes playing lasertag vs cars? Lame. They are running out of ideas. Clarkson's social commentary is priceless though.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Is TG a car show or an entertaining magazine show? Clarkson has just sold his share to the BBC, I believe, and he can now afford many P1's.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
even I am tiring of it a little, although peculiarly i have enjoyed their reviews of the more normal cars that they have done this series, but it all does feel a little tired now..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts