McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry should have been more clear.

Taking into account that the MD has gone, GL, Ron, has taken a pre arranged stand down,. Sales are not in kilter with production capacity. do a search with regard to financial situation . IMV.

Taking this into account that likes of Porsche being at the top table, I was thinking what does the next 12 months hold, for up coming models.

For me, I would love to see a 12C, with LP700 levels of allocation for the UK with 650-670 bhp, Can am style body kit, around 300k

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The only persons who would be in the know would be the people at Woking, and they seem to be quite tight lipped about revealing changes/updates etc..... That said there seems to be some individuals on this forum that have ways of finding out, I won't mention any names though LOL?. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I am sure they are waiting for Ferrari to reveal the hardcore 458 Scuderia / MC. Then we might hear some things. No use revealing anything until after the showing in September IMO.

·
Administrator
2,698 Posts
I am sure they are waiting for Ferrari to reveal the hardcore 458 Scuderia / MC. Then we might hear some things. No use revealing anything until after the showing in September IMO.
McLaren very much want to make sure they are not seen as just following Ferrari. Hence I doubt we will see a direct response to the 458 Scud/CS/Massa (Massa would be a good name for it as the 12C will still be faster). I would expect something a bit different that just a stripped down light weight version of the 12C to emerge out of Woking.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
McLaren very much want to make sure they are not seen as just following Ferrari. Hence I doubt we will see a direct response to the 458 Scud/CS/Massa (Massa would be a good name for it as the 12C will still be faster). I would expect something a bit different that just a stripped down light weight version of the 12C to emerge out of Woking.
I actually expect just the opposite -- just a more stripped down 12C with some new aero pieces and a small hp bump.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting Comments

IMHO, The biggest problem, is not a doggy IRIS, who really cares if it is not up to scratch, Others have got away with this for years.

This lot have to sort out the residual problem , unless they address this and soon, I just can not see the way forward. Same as any business without sales ,there is no business

Lamborghini has realised this, in so much as I hear that the Lamborghini G, replacement will be not much over 200k full spec. Not sure if this is for SP or Coupe.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Interesting Comments

IMHO, The biggest problem, is not a doggy IRIS, who really cares if it is not up to scratch, Others have got away with this for years.

This lot have to sort out the residual problem , unless they address this and soon, I just can not see the way forward. Same as any business without sales ,there is no business

Lamborghini has realised this, in so much as I hear that the Lamborghini G, replacement will be not much over 200k full spec. Not sure if this is for SP or Coupe.
That theory doesn't really hold up.

Bentley, RR, AM, AMG -- all lose insane value very quickly yet they stick around. Tons of luxury brands, from cars to watches, continue to exist even with horrendous resale value. In fact, tons of stuff in the world has pretty bad resale value and could be bought at significant discounts after a year, but for whatever reasons people just like to buy new.

The guy who lost $100K on the 12C I bought had no issue paying top dollar for the Spider her replaced it with. Resale value doesn't hurt as much as some might think. There really is a lot of people who couldn't care less about the resale value and will just buy it if they want it.

I highly doubt a Gallardo replacement will come in at $200K full spec. The current bare bone 550 is $200K. I expect $250-300K just like the competition. I expect the R8 however to be price $170-200K.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I think Mclaren will begin to enter other markets very conservatively.

There is no rush - the MP4 set the stage and good bad or indifferent RD won't be going anywhere soon.

Also - this IRIS thing is out of control.

My daughter accompanied me on a drive and used all the IRIS tech - it worked flawlessly!

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
That theory doesn't really hold up.

Bentley, RR, AM, AMG -- all lose insane value very quickly yet they stick around. Tons of luxury brands, from cars to watches, continue to exist even with horrendous resale value. In fact, tons of stuff in the world has pretty bad resale value and could be bought at significant discounts after a year, but for whatever reasons people just like to buy new.

The guy who lost $100K on the 12C I bought had no issue paying top dollar for the Spider her replaced it with. Resale value doesn't hurt as much as some might think. There really is a lot of people who couldn't care less about the resale value and will just buy it if they want it.

I highly doubt a Gallardo replacement will come in at $200K full spec. The current bare bone 550 is $200K. I expect $250-300K just like the competition. I expect the R8 however to be price $170-200K.
Exactly. I was at a car show yesterday and saw the new Aston for 355K sticker. In less than two years it will be on the lot for less than half of that, just like the DBS before it. Hasn't stopped Aston from pricing at a premium. This idea that McLaren could easily protect resale doesn't make financial sense. Only Ferrari has the brand equity to do that. And the equity was built by decades of mystique and supply that was truly limited by hand built manufacturing.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Respectfully,

The brands that you mention have all been around for 40 years and more. Along with have backers with deep pockets,
With regard to Astons pricing at a premium, I do not follow you logic, Astons are discounted by way of factory support at point of retail.

The information came direct from Lamborghini, as in quote (” Lamborghini understand that 240,250k for a junior super car will not work, they feel that 210k for a good spec car is were it needs to be”) unquote,

Interesting, that no main agents were interested in offering any price for my 260k, 12C-SP, The best offer was from an indi at 170k, that’s 90k off list at 600 miles,

I await with intrest to how the market views the pre 14 my cars, with regard to the Nav, As if this will affect prices further.

P1,
I would love a P1, How ever my concern is that it will drop in price initially, long term should be good investment. How ever taking into account that F1 dropped originally, like few others on this board I am waiting for a used car.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Have to say, am honestly not sure that Mclaren can or indeed should be expected to support residuals. Mclaren were always going to suffer in comparison to the initial mid engine Ferrari V8 used market as that is a bit of a special case and not really replicated by any other car recently apart I think from the Aventador.

The company needs to generate a certain amount of revenues to fund continuing r&d and to make a profit. That is either going to come around by continuing to sell a previously budgeted number of units at current prices or cutting down hard on production but charging a lot more so the build cost of each car becomes a much smaller percentage of the sticker price. One could look at the second market and point to Mclaren over-estimating demand and producing too many cars but it is not quite as simple as just scaling back production to support current residuals as has been suggested. If the 12C had been double the price but budgeted at half the number of units produced, Mclaren might well have struggled to generate enough initial sales to get started. Would the 12C still have been a car under consideration for all the owners here had it originally been placed in the 300k GBP price range but with a 2-3k total production run as compared to 170k with 5-6k units?

The second market has to find its own level wherever that might be and with that in mind, Mclaren will then have to decide for their next projects where they want to position themselves, ie whether to leave the P13 to compete with the 911 turbos segment and the 12C replacement with the aventador/F12 price range with much lower production numbers or aim lower with the P13 and continue to compete in the mid engine V8 supercar market that is starting to look pretty crowded especially if/when the Porsche 960 turns up with the 12C replacement....

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I think Mclaren will begin to enter other markets very conservatively.

There is no rush - the MP4 set the stage and good bad or indifferent RD won't be going anywhere soon.

Also - this IRIS thing is out of control.

My daughter accompanied me on a drive and used all the IRIS tech - it worked flawlessly!
There you go so I'm not the only one who has had no issues with iris, well one minor exception the crackly sound of bluetooth which is no biggie. Cheers....??

·
Owner
893 Posts
Doesn't anyone else feel that there does come a point when smart customers feel that the straw has finally broken the camel's back?
How many times will someone be willing to toss $90k into the toilet bowl just to own a car for one year. Eventually people start to feel that they are being "played".
If Lamborghini's new G (as citylad said) is to be priced at around 210k ..... I see it as a smart move; they have learned from their marketing mistakes.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
... and here we go with another depreciation thread full of the same piss and vinegar - shocking!

Did you as owners ever think that these repeated posts and threads may be the causation of rapid depreciation.

Posting the lowest offer after a short term ownership :rolleyes: and then wondering why the marque suffers on the secondary market.

Extreme - no crackling whatsoever :)

Holy Cow my Mclaren works perfectly and it's not for sale - stop the presses!

FWIW - Aston has been making the same car nearly a decade and Lambo has been milking the LP550 almost as long.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts