McLaren Life banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A wee word to the wise. If you're looking to fill up, avoid the Esso garage on Holland Road (heading towards the city immediately after the Holland Village junction). There's clearly some kind of deadspot there as 3 times now (the 3rd was sheeer stubborness on my part to check it again) I've been stuck there for a few minutes after re-entering the car with 'no key fob found in the vehicle'. All manner of waiving the key around, opening and shutting doors and locks etc.

It's always an event driving the 12C out of anywhere for everyone so sitting there for several minutes each time like a clown doesn't really add to the theatre for anyone, especially not the driver!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Duff,

Don't know if you're aware of this but the key sensors are in the back of the center console facing forwards. Try having the key near them. My dealer in Chicago suggested using the pocket in front of the seat to stow the key. I wonder if the location of the Holland Rd station is subject to some external RF radiation from say, a cell tower interfering with the transponder in the key.

I left S'pore many years ago but come back every year for a local food haj. Knew someone at Wearne's and first drove a 12C out of their Leng Kee showroom. Had to have one so I bought a volcano orange one when I got back home to the US. I cheated-- only S$300k over here, no COE and $90 US road tax a year! Nice red one you have. Enjoy your car!

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts