McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My name is Ricky and I run a site called Race Optimal. Basically we map out optimized racing lines for tracks around the world as a driver aid.

Inspired by Chris Harris's review, I made a blog post about the simulation process for the P1, and the results at Yas Marina circuit, where his test took place. I thought you all might find it interesting! Of course, we can simulate just about anything, so if you're a track enthusiast you might want to take a look at our Services.

So here it is, The McLaren P1 at Yas Marina

·
Registered
79 Posts
Can you simulate it on the TG track? It would be interesting to see how your simulation time compares with the real time when they show that segment in a future show.

(And if you can simulate a 918 going slower on the same track, that would be a popular move on this forum.)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi all,

My name is Ricky and I run a site called Race Optimal. Basically we map out optimized racing lines for tracks around the world as a driver aid.

Inspired by Chris Harris's review, I made a blog post about the simulation process for the P1, and the results at Yas Marina circuit, where his test took place. I thought you all might find it interesting! Of course, we can simulate just about anything, so if you're a track enthusiast you might want to take a look at our Services.

That is cool stuff, you guys should do an app

·
McLaren Fanatic
406 Posts
This is cool, not sure how accurate it is or how you measure it, but cool none the less.

IntegrityExports, if it is any help i can get a P1 around Dunsfold in 1:06 on Forza 5 ;) ahah

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you simulate it on the TG track? It would be interesting to see how your simulation time compares with the real time when they show that segment in a future show.

(And if you can simulate a 918 going slower on the same track, that would be a popular move on this forum.)
Great idea. I will do that simulation and post another writeup in the near future! As far as the 918...that will be even harder to model than the P1, due to the different power levels available at the front and rear axles. Sounds like an interesting challenge..

Actually we have an app out which allows one to pre-download the maps and view them offline. We use app sales in lieu of requesting donations, so it's a great way to support the project! It's waiting review in the App Store, but you can find it on Android by searching "raceoptimal".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Great idea. I will do that simulation and post another writeup in the near future! As far as the 918...that will be even harder to model than the P1, due to the different power levels available at the front and rear axles. Sounds like an interesting challenge..

Actually we have an app out which allows one to pre-download the maps and view them offline. We use app sales in lieu of requesting donations, so it's a great way to support the site. It's waiting review in the App Store, but you can find it on Android by searching "raceoptimal".

·
Registered
79 Posts
This thread will give you some food for thought as to where owners and regular punters think the Stig's time will end up ...

http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-p1-f1/8162-some-say-fastest-car-he-has-ever-driven.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have simulations complete for the Huayra (as a benchmark) and the P1 at the Top Gear track...blog post with my official prediction will be up soon!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi all,

Awesome. Hey, can you do one more to see if it can do sub 7 at the ring?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts