McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tracked as above with a sports exhaust? I'm trying to find out before I book..

Or if anyone knows for sure what 12C puts out (with sports zorst)?

They are allowing 102 drive by and 105 static.

I have done a search but no definite answers. B/Harry, I found your original post, did you go in the end?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Has anyone tracked as above with a sports exhaust? I'm trying to find out before I book..

Or if anyone knows for sure what 12C puts out (with sports zorst)?

They are allowing 102 drive by and 105 static.

I have done a search but no definite answers. B/Harry, I found your original post, did you go in the end?
Think your within a decibel or two Andy,i think you will be ok with the static,but be light on the throttle on the drive by.
Ps,who is organising the event?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think your within a decibel or two Andy,i think you will be ok with the static,but be light on the throttle on the drive by.
Ps,who is organising the event?
Thanks Andy, I've asked the organiser and will mail Silverstone too.
It's organised by a guy from the GTR forum who reserves 15 places and 4 pit garages, I'll only be allowed if all places aren't taken by GTR owners, 2 spare at the moment

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
They actually measure? I find it hard to believe a road legal exhaust setup could be beyond track limits for noise.
Of course that can be. Road legal is measured at certain revs and speeds. Any car maker knows how to manage the noise at the precise measure points. What happens besides these is another story.

·
Registered
323 Posts
What do they do when F1 is there?? Noise meters must explode! Is the problem that local residents complain about nosie levels? That always amazes me in the US when someone buys a house near an airport and then bitches that it's too noisy and flights must be rerouted etc. Well, duh, you bought a house near an airport. Silverstone has been there since the '40s and it was an airbase before that. I'm sure it's always been loud. If development has happened around it since, it shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone that it was a noisy place. News Flash: race tracks are loud. Sorry, just a random Friday afternoon rant. I need a drink.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts