McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, something very weird is happening to my car. Usually if there's a fault, I just have to turn off the car and wait a bit before starting again. This time, that didn't do the trick. It's the side power mirrors. Every time I try to adjust either side, I get an error message "Side mirror switch fault see mclaren center for servicing" followed by an exclamation mark. The side mirrors refuse to work at all. Anyone experience this and know how I can fix this without taking it in. The nearest Mclaren center for me is either SF or Vancouver BC. They won't be able to help me out until mid-November. :(

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Aye. Sorry to hear. Sometimes you have to let the car to be off for a good 2-3 hours before all the systems seem to really go off, reset and clear.

Overnight usually does it. If it's still wonky after that, then it is a fault of some kind. Not sure if there is a fuse for that system, but might be worth a look. Otherwise, I hope some others have some ideas.

·
McLaren Convert
397 Posts
Jason, are the electronics for the driver and passenger doors working normally? I believe the fuse for the side mirrors are found with the fuses that protect the drivers door (F1 on secondary fuse box) and passenger's door (F2 on secondary box.)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mirrors fold in just fine and it will tilt up but not downwards or sideways. I'll see about the fuses but the service advisor was doubtful that'd fix it. I'll check.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The mirrors fold in just fine and it will tilt up but not downwards or sideways. I'll see about the fuses but the service advisor was doubtful that'd fix it. I'll check.
A soft reset would be exiting the car, and locking the car / activating the security system. Come back in an hour.

I know you fold your mirrors in, I have turning this option off on my car, so if I want to do it, I have to do it manually. I have also turning off the auto passenger mirror function of tilting down when reverse is selected.

Might try turning off those options too?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts