McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening Gents,

A few weeks ago we had the pleasure of showcasing the 12C GT Can Am Edition in our Newport Beach showroom just off Pacific Coast Highway. We wanted to present these photos to the McLarenLife.com community since we know how passionate you guys are about the brand. We hope you enjoy the photos.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Breathtakingly awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I really appreciate you posting and sharing the photography.

The Mclaren passion - you as dealers are an integral part!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Interested too see how much downforce this produces compared to the P1 in race mode. Anybody know?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
can am slightly more I believe.. but I will actually ask and post the definitive answer..
thankfully the one that we rode in at spa had a foot plate to put your feet on ... by god you needed it under braking... ours, whilst it had all the can am details, was in gt3 spec, so different splitter spoiler and diffuser... plus of course about 100 bhp less.. it hd been running in can am spec the previous day..

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
I could stare at that for hours & hours for days on end. A lot going on there, and it all works so well when together. Just plain awesome...
Horny. Thanks for sharing.
... lolz! :D

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
This aero kit on the road car would be simply awesome. Oh yeah!
Erm... I could see some issues with that. The front of the car would be too wide to get into your garage. The back of the car would be too wide to get out of your garage. The splitter would be too low to get in, or out, of your driveway. The wing would be too big to see anything behind you and would also decapitate pedestrians if you had to reverse into a parking spot. The rear diffuser would get ripped off the first time you went over a speed bump. Actually, you couldn't get over a speed bump as you'd beach the car, wheels spinning in futility. Other than that, it would rock. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Erm... I could see some issues with that. The front of the car would be too wide to get into your garage. The back of the car would be too wide to get out of your garage. The splitter would be too low to get in, or out, of your driveway. The wing would be too big to see anything behind you and would also decapitate pedestrians if you had to reverse into a parking spot. The rear diffuser would get ripped off the first time you went over a speed bump. Actually, you couldn't get over a speed bump as you'd beach the car, wheels spinning in futility. Other than that, it would rock. :D
Details, but all solvable!
Road car chassis is not as low as that. (In any case just order remote ride height adjustment).
Car too wide? Driveway no good? Get a new house designed around your car (doing that now).
Wing is ok because its so high you can look under it.
:D
Next...

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
Interested too see how much downforce this produces compared to the P1 in race mode. Anybody know?
The P1 has similar levels of downforce as a GT3 racing car, but with more ground effect! Whilst the 12C Can-Am Edition has 30% more downforce than the 2012 12C GT3.

Fabulous photos by the way. Thanks for sharing!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts