McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed alignment shims for my 675 quickly and Rooney got them to me in a flash like always...he is the most competent vendor when it comes to tricky parts for these cars...this is not my first time dealing with him nor will it be my last. Don't even think about looking anywhere else when it comes to intricate parts and his level of knowledge is mind blowing! Always very eager to help, cant say enough good things. He also has parts that no one else does.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I needed alignment shims for my 675 quickly and Rooney got them to me in a flash like always...he is the most competent vendor when it comes to tricky parts for these cars...this is not my first time dealing with him nor will it be my last. Don't even think about looking anywhere else when it comes to intricate parts and his level of knowledge is mind blowing! Always very eager to help, cant say enough good things. He also has parts that no one else does.
That’s awesome
How did you know you needed the shims. More importantly, why?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before measurements had left front camber at 1.4 and spec is 1.6, there are no provisions to adjust camber so shims for the lower control arm are required

·
Registered
614 Posts
I’ve had dealing with Roony before as well and I echo your sentiments. There’s service after the sale and that’s a trait that’s been lost in today’s society. Everyone wants your money but not many want anything to do with you once they have it. Roony is an exception to that. If I end up in another Maca, he’ll be my go to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also agree with you guys. My experience with Roonie was top notch. Before, during and even after sales service was top notch. My first purchased with him was for a pair of seats from the limited edition MSO HO (688). Then the carbon roof scoop including ducting. Also the titanium roll cage. Then these centerlock wheels and hubs. Both of us now is working on an engine. Roonie makes my parts hunting painless and worry free. He’s alway there to answer my call from Asia. More power to you XPRD :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
There is factory adjustment at the hub. It is labor intensive as you have to separate the top control arm, unscrew the set screw, rotate the eccentric, rescrew same and attach control arm. There is finite adjustment, but you can always drill and tap the hub for another spot and get what you want out of it. The shims are significantly easier as you just back the bolts out and add to the lower control arm. It can be done on the rack quickly. However, you can only add a certain amount of shims before having to replace the bolts with longer units to ensure proper thread purchase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts