McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for another Ferrari, but am considering the McLaren. Living in Colorado would make service difficult I assume. I did see a car in Boulder a couple of weeks ago though. Could any of you guys offer advice re: service and how/where it would get done?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I have been looking for another Ferrari, but am considering the McLaren. Living in Colorado would make service difficult I assume. I did see a car in Boulder a couple of weeks ago though. Could any of you guys offer advice re: service and how/where it would get done?

Thanks!
Call Alessandro at McLaren San Francisco / Fisker Silicon Valley. Ask him if he has any clients in that area, and how he would take care of service needs.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I believe Penske in Scottsdale would be your closest dealer. Most Ferrari owner's don't like their service from what I have heard on the Ferrari Forums.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
McLaren - Dallas is your authorized dealer. They will pick it up and deliver it in an enclosed trailer. Other than the fact that you don't get to see their service facility - it is an great deal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys. Are there any remote diagnostics they will do? For example if the car goes into limp mode for some reason does that mean the car has to be shipped to an authorized service center?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I haven't heard of a car going into "limp mode" but yes you would have to ship it. They don't have remote access unlike Bugatti!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
McLaren - Dallas is your authorized dealer. They will pick it up and deliver it in an enclosed trailer. Other than the fact that you don't get to see their service facility - it is an great deal.
Ritesh
The two times thay've picked my car up Park Place sent an open flatbed, not anything enclosed. Obviously you hip Austin folk get preferential treatment!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Ritesh
The two times thay've picked my car up Park Place sent an open flatbed, not anything enclosed. Obviously you hip Austin folk get preferential treatment!
Tell them next time you will pay for your annual service with Monopoly money. :D Since they keep sending a toy transport.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have sold several to Colorado over the past year out of Newport Beach. Just picked one up enclosed a week ago, shipped to Newport for its annual & software updates. Total round trip was only a couple days. You will receive excellent support from whichever dealer you choose to purchase from.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Does "your authorized dealer" mean that if I were to buy new it would be from Dallas as they cover Colorado?

We have sold several to Colorado over the past year out of Newport Beach. Just picked one up enclosed a week ago, shipped to Newport for its annual & software updates. Total round trip was only a couple days. You will receive excellent support from whichever dealer you choose to purchase from.
Thanks for the info. Dallas is closer, but only by about 150 miles. Please feel free to pm me your phone number and I will give you a call.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My car?

ColoRojo - Please PM me. I am in Boulder and you probably saw my car. I bought from Newport Beach and not from Dallas. I can fill you in. I'll also take you for a test drive as soon as this snow clears.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ColoRojo - Please PM me. I am in Boulder and you probably saw my car. I bought from Newport Beach and not from Dallas. I can fill you in. I'll also take you for a test drive as soon as this snow clears.
Thanks, I will.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts