McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing clear bra appreciate any tips on areas that require two layers.
Carrera GT had mesh screens installed behind front tires - wondering if anyone has similar on Senna.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Installing clear bra appreciate any tips on areas that require two layers.
Carrera GT had mesh screens installed behind front tires - wondering if anyone has similar on Senna.
be careful with all the hot surfaces in the back - I would not use any clear bra in that areas just as a precaution as still no one really knows what cause the fires there on the 2 cars that burnt in that area ...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
be careful with all the hot surfaces in the back - I would not use any clear bra in that areas just as a precaution as still no one really knows what cause the fires there on the 2 cars that burnt in that area ...
Dealer told me those were addressed at the factory as it's a later car.
Can you be more specific on which areas - they are cutting out the material today.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Dealer told me those were addressed at the factory as it's a later car.
Can you be more specific on which areas - they are cutting out the material today.
I would leave out all the winged area in the back right and left - the complete Y shaped middle part around the exhausts and also the back part under the mesh were the Senna badge is ... but that is only a feeling of mine to be safe with the heat

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

all these basically

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would leave out all the winged area in the back right and left - the complete Y shaped middle part around the exhausts and also the back part under the mesh were the Senna badge is ... but that is only a feeling of mine to be safe with the heat
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Yeah they do.. long since sorted, updates issued etc..

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting - clear bra software has removed those from their system.

Installer is reaching out to re-open those files for application.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Front air guides behind the front wheels. Make sure they cover the leading edge and UNDER the guides too, if you intend to track the car the stones and rubber really ...really do a number on the underside of the doors and those fenders/air guides... :|

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Front air guides behind the front wheels. Make sure they cover the leading edge and UNDER the guides too, if you intend to track the car the stones and rubber really ...really do a number on the underside of the doors and those fenders/air guides... :|
Drove the car from transport to the house at delivery - street was wet / dirty showed what you described.
Being a carbon car - going to wrap those areas twice and replace one layer when needed tempted to triple wrap!

I don't know how one bonds with a car without at least one time on track -

1 - 10 of 10 Posts