McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am confused. Did you fabricate this kit or is it actually OEM? The fact that it says MSO on the winglet suggests it’s OEM?

Can you please provide some more details?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the inquiry.
Yes, we fabricated the whole kit based on the OEM design. Even the lettering we done it the same with original part. We are doing carbon pieces mainly for McLaren cars.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Where are the guide vanes? The OEM kit comes with guide vanes under the front of the car to balance out the added downforce... That looks like just the rear wing?

Thanks!

Z.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is this not just a copy of the OEM. Why are you asking for such a high price? After market items are about 1/10 of the OEM prices.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guide vanes can be supplied with the kit.
Is this not just a copy of the OEM. Why are you asking for such a high price? After market items are about 1/10 of the OEM prices.
It's a copy yes but we assure the quality is the same of OEM. The price in our market for HDK is 12K USD. Our price is half of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a copy yes but we assure the quality is the same of OEM. The price in our market for HDK is 12K USD. Our price is half of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am very interested in the HDK but US$12,000 is too much for me (after all, I only drive a “beginner” McLaren).

I am curious about two points ...

How can you assure that the quality is the same? You seem very confident of this. Do you contract manufacture OEM parts?

Also, how are you able to use the MSO marking on the parts? Is this allowed by McLaren or the country of production? I’d hate for US Customs to confiscate the part in shipment and I am left with nothing.

If I can get comfortable with those two points I’d be interested in discussing a kit further.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts