McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://jalopnik.com/jerry-seinfeld-cant-stand-the-ugly-mclaren-p1-1507357554

amazing that nobody is talking about how ugly this car is.... Ugh. COME ON
Frankly, I don't get why this dude gets so much press...his relevance in selling crappy behavior as good has waned with his 90's hairdo, but you know, these are the opinion/taste makers.

Although I'm still annoyed at Frank backhanded crapping on the 12C, he should take this nimrod's distaste as sign he's going in the right direction.

And to be fair, the P1 is not a car that is easy to like immediately. The photos do not do the car justice (particularly the yellow/oranges are not photogenic for the car, IMO). It doesn't have the CGT/918's retread F360/430 familiar super car looks. It's something totally new in that a crazy concept went all the way to production. I've just never seen that before. So kudos to him. Little controversy won't hurt--as it's already sold out.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
What's a P1?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Maybe it's time to change the name of this forum to McLaren Brownnosing forum, where every dissident opininon is scoffed and berated like oposition in the Ukrain.
Keep up the good work, you bunch of wackadoodles.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Maybe it's time to change the name of this forum to McLaren Brownnosing forum, where every dissident opininon is scoffed and berated like oposition in the Ukrain.
Well it passes the time.better than feeling i'm that important I need to be brownnosed,difficult when one is up ones arris already :)

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Maybe it's time to change the name of this forum to McLaren Brownnosing forum, where every dissident opininon is scoffed and berated like oposition in the Ukrain. Keep up the good work, you bunch of wackadoodles.
I'm sure this Seinfeld guy would end up in the barriers if let loose in a P1 or 12C at Spa. But hey, this just happens from time to time :eek:

On a more serious note: Of course Mr. Seinfeld is free to share his oppinion. I just don't give a sh!t on what an aging and increasingly unsuccessful actor is thinking about one of the best performance cars in history.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
p.s. A million dollar hypercar MUST polarize opinion. Otherwise it ends up lacking enough visual excitement to appeal to enough buyers. Like the Porsche 918. :p

Serioiusly, though, P1 and Laf are by far the more controversial designs and both sold out easily.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I never watched a single complete episode of Seinfeld but I do think he is funny and I admire his passion for, and his collection of, great Porsches.

I also quite enjoy his new online video series, now in its third season, which is called "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee". He uses a different car each episode, often borrowed from other sources and meets up with a different comic. The one recently with Jay Leno was quite entertaining.

Even if you loathe Jerry you should watch that for the other half of the conversation - Jay is always great.

The fact that Jerry doesn't like the looks of the P1 is in a word, inconsequential. I personally think the 918 is a bit boring really from a visual perspective, but for a company that has essentially built the same car for 50+ years that shouldn't be too surprising. Guess what though - my opinion doesn't matter either. ;)

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right, because a forum is a place where the most snide remark clearly presents the most correct view.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Right, because a forum is a place where the most snide remark clearly presents the most correct view.
Seinfeld story

He attended some race schools and took part in a few races in Cali.

Crashed a few cars and made up for it with Skip Barber - by placing a sticker (free PR) on the corner of his fridge that you can see in every episode.

I actually like the guy but he is a crappy driver and porsche lover - I would bet Leno is ripping him a new one big enough to drive two P1's thru.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Funny how ppl see things differently. I think the p1 is gorgeous, 918 is classic & beautiful, LaF is, well, not so much. To each their own I guess.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey, the guy is a real car guy--and he's a Porsche fanatic. Two things that are quite respectable. So he doesn't like the look of the P1? De gustibus non est disputandum.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts