McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of this on Friday and its much different than my old 650s Spider. The tech is a huge improvement. The reverse camera / 360 camera were a much needed upgrade... The speed... holy cow. And the looks oh my. I was never fond of the rear end of my 650 as it looked dated but this thing looks like it belongs in the water or in space. Loving it!

I had a really hard time with deciding on color, the Saros seemed a bit bland from online pictures so I was worried. But in person its wild! The pictures of Saros online and on this forum dont show how brilliant it really is. Every time I park the car it looks like a different color and keeps shocking me. Its dark grey, then light blue, then has a purple haze to it, then in the sunlight it looks chrome. Everyone that has seen it so far asks what color it is and says that its amazing. So I'm super pleased.

Here are some shots in my short 3 day ownership showing some of the different colors in different lights:
720.jpg
720a.jpg
720b.jpg
720c.jpg

Registered
I am sooooo jealous...
My Spider Performance with Saros paint and orange brake calipers won't arrive before Saturday at best. You don't know how lucky you are... ;)

How's your interior?
Mine is dark grey Alcantara with orange accents (and orange seat belts 馃ぉ).

Registered
Just took delivery of this on Friday and its much different than my old 650s Spider. The tech is a huge improvement. The reverse camera / 360 camera were a much needed upgrade... The speed... holy cow. And the looks oh my. I was never fond of the rear end of my 650 as it looked dated but this thing looks like it belongs in the water or in space. Loving it!

I had a really hard time with deciding on color, the Saros seemed a bit bland from online pictures so I was worried. But in person its wild! The pictures of Saros online and on this forum dont show how brilliant it really is. Every time I park the car it looks like a different color and keeps shocking me. Its dark grey, then light blue, then has a purple haze to it, then in the sunlight it looks chrome. Everyone that has seen it so far asks what color it is and says that its amazing. So I'm super pleased.

Here are some shots in my short 3 day ownership showing some of the different colors in different lights:
View attachment 202826 View attachment 202827 View attachment 202828 View attachment 202829
Beautiful 720s - wishing you many happy and safe miles ahead with your new McLaren :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I am sooooo jealous...
My Spider Performance with Saros paint and orange brake calipers won't arrive before Saturday at best. You don't know how lucky you are... ;)

How's your interior?
Mine is dark grey Alcantara with orange accents (and orange seat belts 馃ぉ).
Thank you! I hope you are even more excited about your color decision now after these pictures. Make sure to post pictures once you get it! Mine has the origin seat piping and orange stitching all over even on the dashboard. But black belts. Orange would be really neat I would like to see pictures.

Registered

1. Thank you! I hope you are even more excited about your color decision now after these pictures. Make sure to post pictures once you get it! Mine has the origin seat piping and orange stitching all over even on the dashboard. But black belts. Orange would be really neat I would like to see pictures.
    Well, I've received a few photos, but it's from the dealer, taken in bad light conditions and while the car had not been completely preped yet...

Owner
I loved my 650s...but the 720s...laaaaawd have mercy.

The 650s is like an attractive girl...an 8, that can cook, tries really hard and super fun to hang out with.
The 720s is a super model, a 10, she is a chef, and will let you do whatever you want to her...but, if you piss her off, she will cut your balls.

Registered
Have same color and interior in my 2019 720. Couldn't be happier every day about it. People always talk about the color of the car how how great it looks (looks mean, but elegant).
I am curious about the color of your calipers, are they orange or are they yellow, like the color of the leader stripes in your seat?
I have noticed that some yellow calipers would look orange when seen in a computer, which could be due to poor color calibration in the monitor.

Registered
In late afternoon, the sunset light can give it a green-bluish hue too.
Make sure you fully protect your paint with Xpel.

Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
Have same color and interior in my 2019 720. Couldn't be happier every day about it. People always talk about the color of the car how how great it looks (looks mean, but elegant).
I am curious about the color of your calipers, are they orange or are they yellow, like the color of the leader stripes in your seat?
I have noticed that some yellow calipers would look orange when seen in a computer, which could be due to poor color calibration in the monitor.
Even within one image an orange interior can look both yellow and orange in different areas. No photographer here but I鈥檓 thinking it鈥檚 more the lighting and the camera.

I鈥檓 usually bored with darker and grayish colors. But as others have said, Saros in person is impressive. Enjoy!

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
My Calipers are Orange and i have Orange piping on the seats and Orange stitching all over the interior/dash. Here is some shots. Can see my shooting brake back there too

Registered
Saros is beautiful. Having seen it in person it is a very elegant and classic color. Wish you all the best. Enjoy!!

Vendor
Interesting how and more so why they mixed the matte carbon half sills as well as all the rest of the interior with the gloss upper deck carbon & seat backs?

3585CABE-7C8E-4300-BF3F-AFD3B5F048EA.jpeg

Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts