McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been able to sync their GS4 to IRIS for Music/Pandora. I can't seem to figure it out. Do I need to download some software on the phone to make it work?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
windows phone doesn't work either...Bluetooth phone and contacts no prob, but spotify and music doesn't work... my iphone 4s is fine...

·
Owner
893 Posts
Why don't you guys just use the USB port and plug in a memory stick with your favorite music; I don't find any glitches with that method, whatsoever. I've got almost a 4000 song library that just works fine using that method; I've probably just as many songs as Sirius has on file for my genre of music. Why suffer? :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True... I have an Ipod connected but its still not the same as Pandora/spotify. I guess I need to add more music to my Ipod.:eek:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Why don't you guys just use the USB port and plug in a memory stick with your favorite music; I don't find any glitches with that method, whatsoever. I've got almost a 4000 song library that just works fine using that method; I've probably just as many songs as Sirius has on file for my genre of music. Why suffer? :)
Good point. I have a hi cap thumb drive. With pretty much everything I want to listen to. New music would be nice via pandora or spotify. That's all.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the estatet nights were the most wirelessly advanced country "in the world". So why aren't any of you esteemed Americans asking for internet access, for streaming radio, for integrated systems, for wifi updating, on star and what have you. If McLaren was really pushing the envelope we wouldn't even have to be asking, we should be the benchmark, sadly we are a backmarker. Can I believe McLaren marketing ever again? Maybe the 12c is like a first pancake, something to toss away, and start eating the second. One side is perfectly baked, the other is underdone quite badly. McLaren should just admit it, and if they got any balls, try to make those early clients feel as if they can come back as a customer without feeling like a real c...

·
Registered
715 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the estatet nights were the most wirelessly advanced country "in the world". So why aren't any of you esteemed Americans asking for internet access, for streaming radio, for integrated systems, for wifi updating, on star and what have you. If McLaren was really pushing the envelope we wouldn't even have to be asking, we should be the benchmark, sadly we are a backmarker. Can I believe McLaren marketing ever again? Maybe the 12c is like a first pancake, something to toss away, and start eating the second. One side is perfectly baked, the other is underdone quite badly. McLaren should just admit it, and if they got any balls, try to make those early clients feel as if they can come back as a customer without feeling like a real c...
Nope. Not even a little.

It's a car. Drive it. All else is for convenience.

The entertainment system's on button is the long pedal on the right.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Max, Agree. It would be great to have the car on the network. Early brochures showed teh car was supposed to have WiFi, it might even have the hardware un-enabled. But, I'd love cellular bridge via our smartphones.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I'm still trying to understand why you guys want to listen to music so much while driving this baby. I've yet to turn the thing on, okay that's a lie I have turned it on but just to see if it works properly after reading about all of the complaints. Honestly though, I just want to drive the car, and I mean drive it hard and listen to the engine work its charm. Yes that's the key reason for buying this baby to enjoy the sound it produces and of course it's outstanding capabilities, it's awe inspiring. That said if I was driving this baby for say three or four hours then the need may arise to want and listen to some tunes or not. Yes, yes I know to each his own, I guess I'm one of the few that feels that way. Drive hard or go home. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Dude, turn on AC/DC, you suddenly drive several levels more aggressively and better! :)

I can respect that you want just pure driving. But a car that is touted as "an every day super car" should be able to handle every day activities.

I may be in the minority wrt to engine noise, but honestly, I'd prefer it were quiet. I don't need the huge noise, I'd prefer a quiet cabin so I can have a conversation, pay attention to whats going on, and just don't need the added drama.

But I can respect that engine noise is music to many.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I'm still trying to understand why you guys want to listen to music so much while driving this baby. I've yet to turn the thing on, okay that's a lie I have turned it on but just to see if it works properly after reading about all of the complaints. Honestly though, I just want to drive the car, and I mean drive it hard and listen to the engine work its charm. Yes that's the key reason for buying this baby to enjoy the sound it produces and of course it's outstanding capabilities, it's awe inspiring. That said if I was driving this baby for say three or four hours then the need may arise to want and listen to some tunes or not. Yes, yes I know to each his own, I guess I'm one of the few that feels that way. Drive hard or go home. Cheers.....??
Jimi Hendrix >> any car exhaust ever.
Great song >> great exhaust.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I may be in the minority wrt to engine noise, but honestly, I'd prefer it were quiet. I don't need the huge noise, I'd prefer a quiet cabin so I can have a conversation, pay attention to whats going on, and just don't need the added drama.
Just like anything, too much gets tiresome. My R8 TT is quite loud, and as amazing as it can sound, it just gets tiresome after a while.

To me, the ultimate exhaust would be none at all. Electric car with brutal acceleration and nothing but wind and road noise. It's like the calm before the storm. There is something to be said for silence.

It's been a while since I've driven a non-exotic car, and when I was in Europe a couple years ago I had a Ford Focus for a few weeks. Doing 120mph on the autobahn with more or less nothing but wind noise was sublime. It was quiet, comfortable, relaxing, and at the same time exciting.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Just like anything, too much gets tiresome. My R8 TT is quite loud, and as amazing as it can sound, it just gets tiresome after a while.

To me, the ultimate exhaust would be none at all. Electric car with brutal acceleration and nothing but wind and road noise. It's like the calm before the storm. There is something to be said for silence.

It's been a while since I've driven a non-exotic car, and when I was in Europe a couple years ago I had a Ford Focus for a few weeks. Doing 120mph on the autobahn with more or less nothing but wind noise was sublime. It was quiet, comfortable, relaxing, and at the same time exciting.
Then you gotta try the SLSe. At least for the 20 minutes the batteries last!?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
That's why I have a luxury car, so if I need to get away from what some of you may described as annoying then in drive that. As mentioned I never get tired of the sound of my putt putt, it just seems to enlighten me on top of which it gets my adrenalin going. So as for the likes of Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, Frank Zappa, Joe Jackson, Steely Dan, Queen, Al Di Meola, Joe Satriani, Weather Report, Screaming Headless Torso, and the list goes on and on and on I love my music as well yet it is well suited for the luxury car or more preferably the home audio. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
715 Posts
Dude, turn on AC/DC, you suddenly drive several levels more aggressively and better! :)

I can respect that you want just pure driving. But a car that is touted as "an every day super car" should be able to handle every day activities.

But I can respect that engine noise is music to many.
Oh yes. I burned in my electronics and speakers with AC/DC.

Which begs the question, what do you listen to while driving?

Classics? Ambient? Rock? METAL? Disco?(god forbid:)

Most "extreme" athletes now have earbuds and a soundtrack to perform to. Maybe Mac too?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I love a crazy array of music. All the above. Classical. Blues. Synth/electronic. Even disco. And euro trash. And god help me, ABBA! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts