McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Sorry, I don't know how to embed a video, so here is the link:

At 4:25, you can catch a comment about the McLaren Sabre being rebuilt from the ground up. English being not my first language, I cannot get if they are talking about their car specifically or for the 16 of them? Anyone has a clue about the rebuilt of that or those cars and what may have happen?
It is not a McLaren bashing, I'm genuinely interested by the engineering aspect of what I thought was a rebodyied Senna?

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Their car.

Things happen - you don't know what happened and the owner did not share ... your thought should be one of appreciation or admiration. You don't like the Sabre or it's build that's your problem not anyone else's.

·
Registered
935 Posts
This whole thread is lost in translation.

To answer the first question, the context of the Sabre comment isn't clear, but I took it to mean there was some kind of major mechanical problem requiring a rebuild.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Their car.

your thought should be one of appreciation or admiration.
It is,
Don't need to be so sour about my question, but when I hear about "rebuilding it from the ground up", just curious about what may be the matter. Base on the marvel of engineering that is the Senna, "rebuilding it from the ground up" do raise some interest to me, but not in a bad way as you may suspect, more to see what this car is about and how far it differ from the Senna. I suspect there is more than a new body about it.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure those guys at Triple F will be talking about it in the future.
Have a great Sunday,

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
It is,
Don't need to be so sour about my question, but when I hear about "rebuilding it from the ground up", just curious about what may be the matter. Base on the marvel of engineering that is the Senna, "rebuilding it from the ground up" do raise some interest to me, but not in a bad way as you may suspect, more to see what this car is about and how far it differ from the Senna. I suspect there is more than a new body about it.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure those guys at Triple F will be talking about it in the future.
Have a great Sunday,
Sabre street legal only sold to US customers. The Speedtail is not street legal - disappointing some and Mac went forward to build the Sabre for those US customers.

The guys at Triple F did talk about it - imo you are seeking misery of another that has nothing to do with your words of it is a re-bodied Senna.

Senna has more hp than claimed and years from now will be better understood - street legal lightweight ICE car producing insane performance.

Triple F drives their cars - they break they fix them they move on.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I thought the speedtail is street legal. TripleF drove theirs as well as the one in the Mclaren Chicago event.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
I thought the speedtail is street legal. TripleF drove theirs as well as the one in the Mclaren Chicago event.
The side mirrors and lack of side-mounted airbags - Speedtail is not legal.

Similar to cars to the Carrera GT that could not meet specifications where production was cut short.

Astom Martin changed the Valhalla to mirrors vs cameras - anyway just because they drove it - there are ways around the system. Bill Gates did this on one of his cars took 10 pus years on 959 - dealers license special use and so on - if you have the time money and make the effort there is always a way but there is a risk and many aren't willing.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
The side mirrors and lack of side-mounted airbags - Speedtail is not legal.

Similar to cars to the Carrera GT that could not meet specifications where production was cut short.

Astom Martin changed the Valhalla to mirrors vs cameras - anyway just because they drove it - there are ways around the system. Bill Gates did this on one of his cars took 10 pus years on 959 - dealers license special use and so on - if you have the time money and make the effort there is always a way but there is a risk and many aren't willing.
Yes. Speedtail perhaps only Show and Display - ie limited to 2500 miles per year.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imo you are seeking misery of another that has nothing to do with your words of it is a re-bodied Senna.
What's wrong with you?? Where did you get the idea that I seek misery to anyone? Anyway...

Wasn't aware of the Speedtail's legality in the US, at least you taught me something.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Hi everyone,

Sorry, I don't know how to embed a video, so here is the link:

At 4:25, you can catch a comment about the McLaren Sabre being rebuilt from the ground up. English being not my first language, I cannot get if they are talking about their car specifically or for the 16 of them? Anyone has a clue about the rebuilt of that or those cars and what may have happen?
It is not a McLaren bashing, I'm genuinely interested by the engineering aspect of what I thought was a rebodyied Senna?
It is fairly creepy to ask a forum of strangers for perhaps non public information about other members. If they wanted you to know then they would have put it in their video. People talk about these cars as if they are athletes/entertainers who are getting paid directly/indirectly by people discussing them.

You should have asked in the comment section of their video or message them directly. Many have asked in the youtube video comment section and they haven't felt the need to answer a topic they opened up in their video.

It would be even creepier for other members to disclose private and non public information about one member to another member.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
It is fairly creepy to ask a forum of strangers for perhaps non public information about other members. If they wanted you to know then they would have put it in their video. People talk about these cars as if they are athletes/entertainers who are getting paid directly/indirectly by people discussing them.

You should have asked in the comment section of their video or message them directly. Many have asked in the youtube video comment section and they haven't felt the need to answer a topic they opened up in their video.

It would be even creepier for other members to disclose private and non public information about one member to another member.
Much more politically correct. Google could have taught him more about the Sabre than less, as he thought it was a re - bodied Senna which shows how little he actually cares about the car vs someone else's car being sent back.

Mclaren is one of the few high end cars that people actually drive and enjoy. Triple F and yourself are incredibly giving to enthusiasts!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Wow, you guys are really sensitive here huh? So what if the OP thinks the Sabre is a re-bodied Senna? It has the same interior, the same chassis, the same carbon tub, the same hard points, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Wow, you guys are really sensitive here huh? So what if the OP thinks the Sabre is a re-bodied Senna? It has the same interior, the same chassis, the same carbon tub, the same hard points, etc.
The fastest and most unique McLaren ever built with 15 US builds - you and the op have no respect for anyone let alone Triple F who share his experiences as you and the OP wish to drive a bus to his detriment. Have at it but do not expect applause - side note I made a mistake and thinking you were unmac ... moving you to ignore :)

2012 MP4-12C
1,769 Posts
Sabre street legal only sold to US customers. The Speedtail is not street legal - disappointing some and Mac went forward to build the Sabre for those US customers.

The guys at Triple F did talk about it - imo you are seeking misery of another that has nothing to do with your words of it is a re-bodied Senna.

Senna has more hp than claimed and years from now will be better understood - street legal lightweight ICE car producing insane performance.

Triple F drives their cars - they break they fix them they move on.
Inquiring what they meant by the comment is hardly seeking misery. The video is a Savage Garage production, not a Triple F production, so perhaps he's unaware of them "talking about it". The only thing I know about it is a comment from one of the Triple F guys saying "when we get the Sabre and Speedtail back from McLaren".

To be fair, most Youtube channel creators don't respond to anything in comments, or very little. I'm one of the few that do, but my channels are pretty small. If a channel has over 200k views in 2 weeks, you can't even read all the comments.

Reactions: invisiblewave

·
Registered
513 Posts
Senna is a great car, full stop. I was simply referring to Champagne612's exaggerated response to the OP's comment on the Sabre being a re-bodied Senna. I think the OP has valid points and I don't see the "disrespect" at all. I have driven my friend's Sabre, it's a Senna that is tuned for more street comfort for sure.

it is a rebodied senna no? that doesnt make it a bad car

2012 MP4-12C
1,769 Posts
Senna is a great car, full stop. I was simply referring to Champagne612's exaggerated response to the OP's comment on the Sabre being a re-bodied Senna. I think the OP has valid points and I don't see the "disrespect" at all. I have driven my friend's Sabre, it's a Senna that is tuned for more street comfort for sure.
Some say a Senna is a rebodied 720, so would a Sabre be a rebodied 720 in that respect? I have driven 720's, I have no experience driving Senna's or Sabre's. And since there seems to be some sensitivity on the matter, a P1 is a rebodied 12C in many regards.

·
Registered
800 Posts
which again might not be a bad thing. at least on UK roads the Senna is on the uncomfortable side.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts