McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one? I just got the green light from my service dept that a "downpipe back" exhaust is fine and won't void my warranty. I love the Ti look and it will look great on my Mantis Green Track Pack. Any nay sayers? Should I pull the trigger?

·
Vendor
155 Posts
Anyone have one? I just got the green light from my service dept that a "downpipe back" exhaust is fine and won't void my warranty. I love the Ti look and it will look great on my Mantis Green Track Pack. Any nay sayers? Should I pull the trigger?

We have sold and installed quite a few. Fitment is great and the sound is excellent . I know of a few others on here that have them hopefully they can chime in as well.

Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Adam, I'd get that warranty guarantee in writing before making any changes. For 8.7 hp is it really worth the expense? 1.5% is probably within the accepted hp variance for a production engine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and kiss your warranty goodbye. if you think your dealer will stand by you,you're dreaming.
I'm paraphrasing but this is what I was told "As long as you bring it here for service, etc and you only change the pipes rear of the downpipes and leave the downpipes and ECU alone, you'll be fine. We don't notate things we don't have to. If you bring it to another dealer, we don't know what their protocols are, but we don't go and try to screw our customers"

I showed him the exhaust system and he said he didn't have any issues with it. The service manager and lead mechanics were in this convo.

Adam, I'd get that warranty guarantee in writing before making any changes. For 8.7 hp is it really worth the expense? 1.5% is probably within the accepted hp variance for a production engine.
I'm not doing it for the power, only sound. The car is fast enough for the roads I drive on, but I'm used to a screaming Ferrari engine and this is my way of not getting bored with the car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Agreed on the warranty. Given how aggressive McLaren appear to be in denying claims on modified cars I wouldn't risk it. What your service department say is almost meaningless - only McLaren decide to approve or deny claims.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not doing it for the power, only sound. The car is fast enough for the roads I drive on, but I'm used to a screaming Ferrari engine and this is my way of not getting bored with the car.
[/QUOTE]
Mine has the MSO titanium exhaust and seems to be pretty loud.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would add the high flow cat downpipes and if there are issues with your car, swap it back to stock before returning to the dealer

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would add the high flow cat downpipes and if there are issues with your car, swap it back to stock before returning to the dealer
I cant risk messing with the DP's. I don't even want to move the clamps on them, I'm sure they're marked. If I keep the car long term I'll do sport cat DP's once the warranty expires.

·
Registered
69 Posts
To the OP, I know in a previous thread that I had stated you were worried about the exhaust that didn't have a heat shield I purchased. The RYFT exhaust is identical to mine in the sense that there are no shields or anything. It will just be the pipes exposed. It will actually run cooler without the shields because its taking up less space that the stock exhaust. Just an FYI

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To the OP, I know in a previous thread that I had stated you were worried about the exhaust that didn't have a heat shield I purchased. The RYFT exhaust is identical to mine in the sense that there are no shields or anything. It will just be the pipes exposed. It will actually run cooler without the shields because its taking up less space that the stock exhaust. Just an FYI
Yeah the more I researched the more I found it's the DP's that need the factory shields, not the exhaust. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts