McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a bit surprised today to find brown rust spots all over the stealth exhaust tips. Well I must admit that the rear of the car is covered in salt, but still I thought there would have been just a little paint on the exhaust tips. Anyway I rubbed and cleaned them off (left the rest of the car ) and painted them over with some matt black paint that I keep having to use to cover scratches on the wheels. The car stays mostly dirty as I can't drive and clean it can I? and gets loads of good attention, looking thoroughly well used. I can see the exhaust tips having to come off sometime for a proper repaint.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same issues with rust on mine and it never got used when salt on the raods - am going to let dealer sort out as not acceptable!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Same issues with rust on mine and it never got used when salt on the raods - am going to let dealer sort out as not acceptable!
Although Inconel is more of a trade name than an actual metal the knowledge on the product is that it will get surface rust spots caused by salt deposits however minor if the salt is left to settle.This can even be in the form of salt dust settling on the metal,something we cannot get away from here:(
As for the Stealth finish?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts