McLaren Life banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Welcome.
Andy has been an owner longer than me (haven't you had 2 sets of pads Andy?) I've not long had my first service which was £1100 plus vat I think. As an example re pads, there are front sets of EBC Yellow Stuff pads available for about £120 but I don't know how good they are for the 12C. I know plenty of people use them on other cars for fast road, unsure about track.
Anyway, whereabouts in Herts are you? I'm near Kings Langley, when you're closer to buying let me know and we can meet for a coffee or summat.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
A full set of Iron Rotors is about $3200 US from the factory. Pads interchange with other cars, as they are standard AP racing units, but you will have to bypass the pad wear detector.

I have a set of custom made slotted (not drilled) rotors coming and will be evaluating the EBC Orange and Blue compounds for the car and will advise. If I like this setup, I'll probably offer the rotors via my little motorsport business and the price will be under half of list OEM.. I can probably do drilled rotors for the poseurs if they realy want that.
Sounds interesting, I don't feel the need for holes. Is the orangestuff recommended track only still?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Warranty is limited to 2 years now. So the question of how costs run after that point are important for anyone intending to hold for an extended period.
So your comments are only valid in the short term with regards to cost.

Of course its too soon to draw any long term conclusions hence my quest for more clarity around costs.
What do you mean, the warranty is limited to two years?

Edit; seen Andy's answer now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.