McLaren Life banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I think you will find that the 7.05 for the P1 will stand. The 918 is faster, I do know by how much but is not fair to say…..Press release next week.

I recall the comments from the MD with regard the P1, that it is basically 12c with some trick bits…..I would buy a P1 but I have been told to wait as they will follow the same as the original F1 and drop approx 30% plus. Also they are making 377 units the 918 is built to order but a capped at 918 units….

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
7.04 is the time IMHO. Ron made some very bold claims with regards performance at Geneva. mmmmm his dunsfold lap time was not right, so i was told

FY1, A 991 GT3 with 462 Bhp, on slicks did under 7.15. I can say that the 918 on production tyres is over 10 secs faster….than the P1 time of 7.04

IMHO

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
7.04 is the time IMHO. Ron made some very bold claims with regards performance at Geneva. mmmmm his dunsfold lap time was not right, so i was told

FY1, A 991 GT3 with 462 Bhp, on slicks did under 7.15. I can say that the 918 on production tyres is over 10 secs faster….than the P1 time of 7.04

IMHO
Sorry, but we need hard facts here, not an opinion... And Ron said that he did a lap 10s faster than the record of a star in a reasonably priced car. You got it all mixed up in your head.

·
Registered
260 Posts

IMHO
Someone might sell their P1 order at a loss if they believed these rumours. I guess some may stand to gain for that, but hey. Who knows? ;)

Sorry, but with a name like Citylad.......I believe it's called "talking it down" or something.

·
Registered
323 Posts
7:04 would be disappointing IMO. It needs to start with 6. Yes I know the 599XX not road legal, but that to me is the time (6:58) to beat if McLaren wants to set P1 apart from cars like LFA and Viper ACR which are only 8-10 secs slower than 7:04, and vastly cheaper.

When the F1 came out, it didn't eek out new records, it DEMOLISHED them. I had hoped P1 would do same.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts

IMHO
I don't disagree that btg would have timed it at that. . I think we have to wait to see if that is the fastest they go..

·
Registered
33 Posts
A rumor is not a fact. 7:04 will not be McLaren's officially declared N'ring time. The P1 demolishes 7 minutes. This is not a rumor, the P1 will obliterate the 7 minute mark.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Mark, I was one the stand at Geneva when Ron made that exact comment. I asked a MTC employee if this time was correct, The answer was no…..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mark, I was one the stand at Geneva when Ron made that exact comment. I asked a MTC employee if this time was correct, The answer was no…..
Did this guy sign any paper for you saying that? As a random spectator at a car show, do you have the clout to expect to be individually told such sensitive information? Are you absolutely positive that this guy wasn't a suited and booted security guard? ;)

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Lol…I was far from a random spectator. I was on press day and flew in on P-Jet. I could have had one of the very 1st P1s, I well recall at the time Pagani had to take down their time due to being caught running slicks.

Nope he was not a security guard….So just what is the TG track time? the answser was not quite right with regard to the time

1 - 20 of 552 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.