McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to have my MP4 Titanium Silver roof and rear wrapped in black, mirroring the look of the McLaren HS/Project Alpha.

What do you guys think? Attached are photos from a white McLaren that the film installer did.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I like it a lot and have seriously considered it for mine. My only concern is how obvious the 'lip' would be where the black of the vinyl meets the white (or whatever colour) of the bumper...

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Honestly nexlogic, your TS on red is so mint as is, I wouldn't do it. Roof at most, but definitely not the back. Your car is exactly what a silver 12C should look like, IMO. In fact I've bookmarked your pics for future reference, I like it so much.

·
Registered
886 Posts
That white one is either not finished or they did it wrong. I don't think your should do it, but mainly because I did. :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I would do the roof only. I would be worried about the longevity of the wrap on the rear bumper since it is so closed to the exhaust.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your opinion guys ! I may just consider the roof for now. Will share photos on how it will look.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly nexlogic, your TS on red is so mint as is, I wouldn't do it. Roof at most, but definitely not the back. Your car is exactly what a silver 12C should look like, IMO. In fact I've bookmarked your pics for future reference, I like it so much.
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
107 Posts
HS Style Wraps

Mine is SS. I think you need to do the back too. Better balance than just the roof, IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
anyone have pics of a volcano orange with the back wrapped in black....I would do it for sure if I had a white car...just wondering if doing it to vol orange would be a little too much.. what you do guys think?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Why is the white one 'not finished'?
Because the black line of the wrap follows the line of the panels all the way round,but the white one comes to an abrupt stop halfway round,a bit anal I know but its got to be right?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Because the black line of the wrap follows the line of the panels all the way round,but the white one comes to an abrupt stop halfway round,a bit anal I know but its got to be right?
Ah, you mean round the outside of the lights? I see exactly what you mean, have only looked at the pictures on my phone so far..
Think that just needs some thought and a bit more planning.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
They both look great, the TS car seems to have a satin or matte finish compare to the white which seems to be a gloss finish. So the matte or satin seems to work much better then the gloss, which is the way that I'm going to be going with my putt putt. LOL??. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anyone have pics of a volcano orange with the back wrapped in black....I would do it for sure if I had a white car...just wondering if doing it to vol orange would be a little too much.. what you do guys think?
Check it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So nexlogic did you do the roof in matte finish like the back bumper? Looks great by the way. Cheers.....??
Going to drop off my car in today. I may go with the roof and the rear, the good thing is they could always take it off. I'll share photos later tonight or tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts