McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
Thank you for sharing it with us MPB.
A few people know me very well and they do know how much I care about McLaren; the products and the people.
I enjoyed reading every bit of it. I have read so many interviews with Ron in the past, he's such a great person and a big inspiration to me and so many other people.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
That is a good tale. I knew Ron had been very dedicated but this gets across the vast amount of ground covered in his career and how he built the business.......nothing has been handed to Ron.

He acknowledges the key people who influenced and helped him.

Some great stories within the article.

Good stuff.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hey the only way to succeed in any business now or back then, is to be focus and driven. Due to his humble beginnings which was most probably the key to influencing and helping created his visionary approach to his success. In so doing he became a magnet that would attract the team of extraordinary people under the McLaren umbrella. The true success of any company is its leader and all of its people, you need to surround yourself with team players. Which is exactly what Ron has done, its a true Cinderella story two thumbs up.?? I really enjoyed the article and I'm truly impressed with the history behind Ron. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Very good article. Hard work and long hours pay off!

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Very enjoyable read, thanks for the share. Gonna bookmark this for sure!

·
Registered
886 Posts
There was a nice short piece in the FT this weekend with a couple great quotes from Ron.

One quite was something like..... People may think the grass is greener elsewhere ( at another company) but if they would get out the hosepipe and mower they can easily contribute to making the grass greener on this side.

And.... I bleed McLaren.

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
There was a nice short piece in the FT this weekend with a couple great quotes from Ron.

One quite was something like..... People may think the grass is greener elsewhere ( at another company) but if they would get out the hosepipe and mower they can easily contribute to making the grass greener on this side.

And.... I bleed McLaren.
- People might think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, but "if they get the hosepipe and the lawnmower out, they can easily contribute to making the grass greener their side of the fence.”

- “You cut yourself, you bleed McLaren."

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
- People might think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, but "if they get the hosepipe and the lawnmower out, they can easily contribute to making the grass greener their side of the fence.”

- “You cut yourself, you bleed McLaren."
Loved those two quotes......basically NUFF SAID;):D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts