·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.mclaren.com/group#/newsitem/index/id/47

Woohoo!!! Ron's back! :D

PR:
JANUARY 16TH 2014

McLaren Group today announced that Ron Dennis CBE, Chairman of McLaren Group, has been appointed to the additional role of Group Chief Executive Officer of McLaren Group, with immediate effect. Mr Dennis, a shareholder of McLaren since 1980 and the architect of its modern era, was the CEO of the Group from 1982 to 2012 and the Team Principal of the McLaren Formula 1 racing team from 1982 to 2009 before becoming Chairman of the Group in 2013.

Following his appointment today, Mr Dennis said, ‘My fellow shareholders have mandated me to write an exciting new chapter in the story of McLaren, beginning by improving our on-track and off-track performance. Over the coming weeks I intend to undertake a thorough and objective review of each of our businesses with the intention of optimising every aspect of our existing operations, whilst identifying new areas of growth that capitalise on our technologies, and where appropriate further investing in them.

During February, I will articulate a new Group strategy and implement the organizational structure best suited to achieving it. I am excited by the prospect of returning to the role of Group Chief Executive Officer and working with my many colleagues and fellow shareholders to fulfil our objective – which is to win at whatever we do.’

Mr Dennis will remain Chairman of McLaren Automotive, the marque's successful high-performance road car company.

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Congratulations to Mr. Dennis. I just love his last quote. "which is to win at whatever we do." McLaren is in good hands with him at the helm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are a large number of employees at McLaren that don't realise how much Ron has sacrificed over the years to build McLaren into a very successful group of companies creating fantastic career opportunities for many.

May his return to overall control bring back the success that he and his employees deserve

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Excellent news - I was excited when I saw the early rumors of this. Glad to see it come to fruition and I expect a return to their winning ways for sure.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Chris Harris tweeted this:

"Ron needs to get his priorities sorted. Sod the F1 team and winning races, can he please fit the 12C with a proper LSD?"

Must not be drifting to his likes...

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Monkey clearly underestimates the value a successful McLaren Formula One team would have in growing interest in, and sales of, the Automotive arm - giving them the capital to make his dreams come true.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Monkey clearly underestimates the value a successful McLaren Formula One team would have in growing interest in, and sales of, the Automotive arm - giving them the capital to make his dreams come true.

>8^)
ER
Monkey is falling off my list. The Mac can CLEARLY dust a 458 and others going through a turn at high speed. Arguably what a car like this is for. He has a need to slow speed drift for his job. So his personal "needs" are being placed above all else.

I'm afraid this is what a lot of car journalists do. Make a car "just so" it's tough enough that average drivers/idiots can't drive it well, but otherwise easy enough for them to do anything they like and so that it strokes their ego as a consequence.

Seriously, I get the feeling he'd bitch if he couldn't slow speed drift an F1 car.

Agreed with your point on the importance of F1.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Yes - I should have written "perhaps make his dreams come true" as it is clear the engineers at McLaren Automotive made a conscious decision to omit the LSD he craves and the car doesn't suffer terribly because of that, except in his mind. ;)

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I think Ron coined the phrase 'hidden agenda'.

He has to be busy in a controlled way.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Some speculation has surfaced that McLaren may miss the 1st test of the season due to delays associated with the FIA crash testing which now must be signed off before turning a wheel instead of just prior to the first race. It's only rumor at this point, but if true could be a good explanation for the removal of Whitmarsh.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112181

Even if they have stumbled, I would expect McLaren to be doing everything and anything to avoid missing any valuable testing time.

>8^)
ER

1 - 16 of 16 Posts