McLaren Life banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

Registered
ScottL, do you regret the switch from the 675 to the 720?
Good question. Short answer is no I don't. They are obviously quite different cars. The 675LT was just awesome on track and on certain roads, like mountain passes, An intense hardcore experience.

The 720S is a better road car...certainly more supple and comfortable, yet even more ballistic. In spider form, it adds another dimension, cruising around with the roof down. My spider has the comfort heated seats with memory, Bowers & Wilkins hi-fi and the electrochromic roof. Easier to get in and out, quiet, exceptional ride quality, the phone/bluetooth works perfectly, pretty civilised overall. It's cool to just smoke around in...and then when you're in the mood for a blast, it's stunningly fast and dynamic.

Registered
Following unmac mentioning a few times that he thinks there are very few actual owners on here, he said he thought there were 6 to 8, I thought it would be interesting to see how many of us there were.

Can you post if you are an owner say if you bought new or used and maybe post a pic ?

Specced it in Feb 2018 and delivered new in May 2018 done 14K miles, pic is of it brand new being unloaded from the delivery trailer :)

Following unmac mentioning a few times that he thinks there are very few actual owners on here, he said he thought there were 6 to 8, I thought it would be interesting to see how many of us there were.

Can you post if you are an owner say if you bought new or used and maybe post a pic ?

Specced it in Feb 2018 and delivered new in May 2018 done 14K miles, pic is of it brand new being unloaded from the delivery trailer :)

I have had my new 2020 720S for about a month now. Located in the Houston area.
The car was destined for a McLaren Pure event which was cancelled. It has Track Pack and CF options.

I have noted several people who have been enquiring about swapping seats.
Mine has the P1 seats and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get all black power seats?

IMG_1322.jpeg

Thanks,
Kirby

Registered
The car was destined for a McLaren Pure event which was cancelled. It has Track Pack and CF options.

Mine has the P1 seats and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get all black power seats?

View attachment 203923

Thanks,
Kirby
I haven鈥檛 heard much of people switching to the comfort seats but I think you鈥檇 have to do it through McLaren (it鈥檒l be probably be MSO). Mine was changed from the comfort power seats to sport buckets before I bought my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered

View attachment 203923

Thanks,
Kirby
Same here. Also a cancelled McLaren pure car. Mine also has the "P1 seats" in the smaller size and I find them too tight but just found out it's quite easy to change the padding to make a bit more room. Any upholsterer can do it. The skin of tbe seat only has a string going round the outer edge and it's quite easy to pull it off the seat and access the padding. Was tempted to even do it myself but going to have a professional do it now.

Registered
Same here. Also a cancelled McLaren pure car. Mine also has the "P1 seats" in the smaller size and I find them too tight but just found out it's quite easy to change the padding to make a bit more room. Any upholsterer can do it. The skin of tbe seat only has a string going round the outer edge and it's quite easy to pull it off the seat and access the padding. Was tempted to even do it myself but going to have a professional do it now.
I see. There鈥檚 a tiny edge where the string came loose. Do I just pull it back on. It鈥檚 really right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
The string is tied together in the front of the seat on the bottom towards the footwell. I didn't loosen them on mine but just pulled gently on the rounded sides of the seat and it peels of easy if you pull a little harder and also gets back on with a firm grip

Registered
Just an informal count so far we are at 50 owners reported so far (1 of those just sold his 720 for a 675).

That is considerably more than what I thought the number would be.

Also I pinged the moderator to change my tag to owner, so that way we could know who is or not. Did not hear back.

Registered
Here is Mine its one year old Today Finished in MSO Atlantic Blue over Tan and Silver accents
i like that color ... :love:

Reactions: VRP14 and Rarity

2012 12C Coupe - VR
Bought in Jan 2019 2nd hand private party with 2000 miles; now at 7700. 2018 720S coupe. Volcano Red. Performance Spec. My 2nd McLaren. Previous one was 2012 volcano red 12C coupe that I also bought 2nd hand from McLaren San Francisco.

Registered

View attachment 203923

Thanks,
Kirby
pics of this so-called P1seats? Are they electric or manually adjusted? Thanks!

61 - 80 of 106 Posts