McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a call from my oldest son who will returning from a six month deployment to the Persian Gulf next month. He wants to meet up in Las Vegas and the spend some time in CO Springs before heading back to VA. Not that I need much of an excuse to take a road trip in the McLaren, but this seems like a golden opportunity to really get some quality time in the McLaren. The basic route would be Dallas to Las Vegas, the up to Co Springs, a final stop in Rapid City to see some more family, and then home to TX. So my question to you all is, is there any specific advice for road trips with the 12C? Not really any dealers along the route, so just want to make sure I don't forget something obvious.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Nothing much you can do Tarrow,except all the obvious!! One thing is, so far i dont know of anyone who has been stranded with a mechanical failure,as for the odd electrical failure,just shut down and reboot,there are always the gremlins,but that does the trick.My only real worry would be sourcing a tyre quickly should you wreck one,but that goes for any supercar, so just enjoy your trip:)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I did a 2500 mile trip thru' Europe last year with no trouble. Take a mobile phone and charger plus some oil and you have all the tools needed.

The petrol gauge tells Porky's and always has 20 litres left in the tank when run empty for some miles.

So let rip and have fun. It is a great long distance car.

Oh, add 20 to 40 mins to each journey as everybody and their dog will want a chat about the car.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I did a 2500 mile trip thru' Europe last year with no trouble. Take a mobile phone and charger plus some oil and you have all the tools needed.

The petrol gauge tells Porky's and always has 20 litres left in the tank when run empty for some miles.

So let rip and have fun. It is a great long distance car.

Oh, add 20 to 40 mins to each journey as everybody and their dog will want a chat about the car.
RIC adds 2 hours to his trip because of the GIRLS !!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
RIC adds 2 hours to his trip because of the GIRLS !!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Well when the girls ask you what did you do for a living to afford such a wonderful car do not tell them your are David Beckhams manager. They all met him in his VR 12C last year:D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well when the girls ask you what did you do for a living to afford such a wonderful car do not tell them your are David Beckhams manager. They all met him in his VR 12C last year:D
I was so sick and tired people asking what I do for a living that I answered I'm a pimp. Waush that really turned them off and leave them speachless. Of course I said afterwards I'm only joking. It's nobody's business and actually rude asking that. Some as asking what's your bank account balance

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I was so sick and tired people asking what I do for a living that I answered I'm a pimp. Waush that really turned them off and leave them speachless. Of course I said afterwards I'm only joking. It's nobody's business and actually rude asking that. Some as asking what's your bank account balance
I agree but.........I usually say I am the Premiership correspondent for Al Jazeera TV and that completely shuts them up or on rare occasions we then talk football.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts