McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phil Baxter 1967 - 2013 http://http://www.cvp.com/phil/

It is with deepest sadness that we share the news today that Phil Baxter, the owner (alongside his wife Alison) and CEO of CVP, passed away suddenly on Wednesday 4th September.

Phil leaves behind a company that has gone from strength to strength since he started it in 1986. In recent years the company has grown to over 90 staff in six locations with a turnover of £55m. Phil's desire for CVP to be the leading supplier of broadcast products and solutions, resulted in him creating the industries most comprehensive and informative website, a highly skilled service orientated workforce and most recently Iris, the only industry magazine that is written by technology users.

As Phil would have wished, it is business as usual, and everyone at CVP is committed to the continuation of his vision.

Our thoughts are with Alison and their daughters, Hannah and Chloe, at this difficult time.

Phil had wanted to get involved with Make a Wish Foundation in order to give poorly children the chance to get a ride in his fantastic cars. We know that he would be truly happy to see donations to go to this cause. To make a donation, please visit https://www.justgiving.com/phil-baxter. Alison, Hannah and Chloe would like all donations to go to the Make A Wish Foundation.

Thank you all for condolences, they are very much appreciated by his family and all his staff at CVP. We've been overwhelmed by the support we've received.

I met Phil through David Tibbetts sales director at Rybrook dealer he was my 1st McLaren 12c customer and took the photo of me working on his car. Sad news RIP

Attachments

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
McDc, any more info on the funeral apart from the 20th?
You should have an email if you wrote on the condolence page of the website that you originally posted,i would send it Gary but its on my home email and im not back tonight,fire me a PM if no one else posts it,all I can remember is its at Studley :)

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
"The funeral will be held on Friday 20th September 12.45pm to start gathering for a 1.15pm service.

Studley Nativity of the blessed Virgin Mary
Castle Road
Studley
Warwickshire
B80 7AB

Afterwards you are invited to The Old Castle next door

Finally as you are probably aware a Just Giving page has been setup to raise money for a charity Phil had wanted to get involved with so we would appreciate donations to this cause rather than flowers as we are certain this is what he would of wanted.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation UK aims to grant magical wishes to children and young people fighting life-threatening conditions. A wish granted is truly magical and provides memories that last a lifetime. Donations can be made at www.justgiving.com/phil-baxter

Thank you
Alison"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Just as a foot note for anyone not concentrating,McDc is not called Alison,but in the vane of Phil's Humour you have just been set up Martin !!! :D

·
Registered
964 Posts
Cheers, I'm having just a few IT issues at the moment!! new printer arrived today and new PC hopefully later in the week...
I'm not that far away, so may look and see if I can get there in my car...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Cheers, I'm having just a few IT issues at the moment!! new printer arrived today and new PC hopefully later in the week...
I'm not that far away, so may look and see if I can get there in my car...
Give our best to the family please Gary.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I never had the opportunity to meet Phil aka squirrel, from the sounds of it he made quite the impression on and of this forum. All I can say is Holy Christ thats truly sad and at such a young age, may he rest in peace and drive like a mad man up there on the race tracks in heaven. Condolences to the family and friends on such a huge loss.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Regretfully I never got a chance to know him. He was here so had to be a pretty cool car guy. RIP and my thoughts and condolences go out to his family.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I was over at the dealers last week and had a chance to have a chat about Phil.

It was a heart attack as many suspected- totally unexpected.
His car has now been sold.

Just thought I'd put closure to it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts