McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would it look? Does it have an aerodynamic purpose or simply styling? I think it would look interesting as i am not convinced with the side view with it, hence the option to have it in carbon.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
How would it look? Does it have an aerodynamic purpose or simply styling? I think it would look interesting as i am not convinced with the side view with it, hence the option to have it in carbon.
Don't make me send the repo man!

Seriously, tho, they turn the airflow to hit the flush mounted rads. Motor might overheat without them. Plus you'd find poodles and other wildlife in there every time you got home.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
As 6th says Andrew,they make a big thing about how long it took to get the airflow dynamics right to turn the air into the rads.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I don't know why you would want to do such a thing, that whole look is what drew me to the car. Give it a try pull the whole tuning vane out, then you will see what sort of effect it has on the cooling and performance of the car. I'm sure they had a valid reason for doing what they did when implementing that into the design. We are all unique so what ever tickles your fancy, as mentioned I love the unique, aggressive look it provides two thumbs up??and a couple of Cheers..??for a job well done. As 6th mentioned check for animals and most importantly the repo man. Cheers...??yes,yes I love beer and now I think I need a shot or two. ?

·
Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok calm down, calm down....it was just a thought..! These a mesh grill anyway, so cant see how wild life would get into the engine...The whole idea was that it would make the whole side vent area look bigger.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Remove the vanes and I predict instant overheating. mcLaren spent lots of time tuning those things to direct the correct amount of airflow into the radiators

1 - 9 of 9 Posts