McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, somewhat non sequitur question: has anybody removed the logo that is at the top/front of the hood. Is it glued on or screwed on?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Basically double sided tape, according to my dealer. Should be very simple to remove cleanly.

·
Registered
691 Posts
AND - heating the badge with a blow dryer (don't go too crazy) will soften the glue and make removal much easier (he says, repeating Buzz84's advice)... You can accomplish much the same thing on a warm day in the sunshine, if you let it warm up a bit.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I like the look of the old school McLaren logo that is on HS cars. Does anyone know if it can be order through the dealer?
The silver demo car at McLaren SF has "McLaren" as the front logo. Alessandro told me he just ordered a replacement rear logo and installed it on the front.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
The silver demo car at McLaren SF has "McLaren" as the front logo. Alessandro told me he just ordered a replacement rear logo and installed it on the front.
ive done the same thing,first seen on Robbies car,about $60 give or take:) Although now they have the new CF tick it might get replaced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts