McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Owner
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a few weeks ago about my 'broken' sun visor. As I was pushing it up, the 'housing' that holds the rod stiff broke.
I am talking about the 'housing', where the rod snaps in, located inside the headliner, some type of vice-grip thing, that
apparently bolts to the roof (hidden under the headliner). (I could see it with a flashlight, after I un-bolted the visor and pulled
the rod out).

So anyway, ordered the part from my dealer, but can't bring the car all the way to my Houston dealer just for a sun visor.
Dealer says headliner must be removed to connect the part. (I wanted to remove the dome light fixture, thinking that would
give me the room I need, but dealer says no ....)

So I will go to a local upholsterer to remove, then replace the headliner, so that when removed, I can attach the part
I ordered.

Any tips, suggestions about removing/replacing the headliner on a 570 -- or any McLaren for that matter???????

·
Registered
112 Posts
My drivers side visor spring was loose and buffeted with windows down at speeds over 100MPH. My dealer ordered a new one under warranty. Let me know how smooth the headliner removal goes if you can stay and watch them. I'm nervous about the dealer doing it….

·
Owner
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. I am nervous about anyone doing it, actually.
I looked at the headliner yesterday in my 570, and dang the thing reaches FAR back !
I am still going to consider just removing the dome light for access -- anyone know how to remove the dome light
on a 570S. Recently someone suggested just tug it out, but I tried -- it's extremely tight, like there might be a bolt somewhere holding it.

·
Owner
391 Posts
If you sign up for McLaren's technical site, you can download the factory procedure. They will hot you for ~30GBP/hour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts