1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Concerned about tracking my 12-C this coming hot season
i would like to be able to do a 12 lap session rather than a 6 lapper

I used Water Wetter for years in race cars with great success and zero problems

In a hot climate in a McLaren is there any reason why to NOT run 100 % water with Water Wetter ?

Next...my dealer offers the water pump upgrade to the 650 spec but it ain’t cheap
Is it worth > $3,000 ?

The dealer uses Mobil 1 coolant

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does it really cool better?

We used to run all water and WW to prevent coolant from leaking onto the track and being super slippery.

I actually know of a fatality at an HPDE at Carolina Motorsport Park years ago when a Pcar burst a hose and a trailing car went off into the woods. The instructor did not make it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it really cool better?

We used to run all water and WW to prevent coolant from leaking onto the track and being super slippery.

I actually know of a fatality at an HPDE at Carolina Motorsport Park years ago when a Pcar burst a hose and a trailing car went off into the woods. The instructor did not make it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coolant on the track is BAD
Seems that there is opinion pro and con as to effectiveness of Water Wetter
Lots of racers swear by it in hot climates and it really worked great in our small 2 liter 4 cylinder Ford race motors racing for 11 years in California and Arizona

·
Registered
365 Posts
ww is a surface tension modifier just like detergents minus the foam.the cast surfaces of most engine components are too rough for to be bothered with surface tension to begin with.
some engines with pockets of low pressure or low velocity cooling may benefit from it temperature wise but most don't.
straight h2o is still best coolant but as mentioned above,lacks the lubrication that some pump seal may require.
never saw any benefits to using it but doesn't do any harm either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts